Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, May 26, 2014

The Making Of My GBWC 2014 Entry


GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

After doing a photo coverage of the Gundam Model Kit Contest a few weeks back ( see post HERE ) I immediately sketched some ideas for my entry this coming GBWC 2014.

It has been 3 years since I last joined any official Bandai sponsored competition. My last was my " Gilgamesh Project " which was a sort of cluster F ( lol ) of a MG Sazabi and MG Qubeley ( see post HERE ). I decided to join as I think it should be fun as I have not done much Gunpla, much more a big diorama for the last 3 years.

I have been working with the diorama for a couple of weekends now and has decent progress so far. The size of my base is 50cm x 35cm. I doubt I could fill up 50cm x 50cm and my sketches points to a rectangular layout. Honestly I am still having second thoughts on the kit to use. So many popular and not so popular choices. I always choose the not so popular choices though as I do not like seeing similar kits in the same competition.

I just finished scribing a ton of panel lines all over my base / diorama. Next step is the detailing of the base. Pla plates, Kotobukiya parts, Bandai bases, a few tubes and rods and copper wires to follow. Do check out this space for updates.

Thanks as always for dropping by! Until next post guys! Just enjoy the hobby! :)

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

GBWC 2014 entry WIPphoto

3 comments:

Unknown said...

just askin' how you did that large scribe on that plaplate (the largest panel lines)?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I used a chisel sir. :)

Unknown said...

how did you do it #shock
can you next time make video how you do it? :D

btw, after scribing, are those wide panel line need another sanding?

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS