I thought my recent WIP post about this project would be my last post.
But I got a few suggestions from readers and a commenter that would improve the project. And because I love my readers and followers ( and their suggestions made so much sense ), I had to address them.
First off, I had to break the hangar extrusion at the left side of the diorama. A follower told me it is sticking out like a sore thumb. The angle was bad and it does not make much sense ( see how it looks like HERE ), so I broke it and cut it into half. Now it looks better overall. The hangar extrusion is blending with the theme a little better.
A friend veteran modeler PMed me about the rough texture of the diorama. I used the Vallejo Black Lava texture paint and it looks too rough for 1/144 scale. So I decided to paint over the old ground work and smoothen out the texture a little bit. I used Vallejo Brown Earth texture paint to reduce the profile of the ground work. Now it looks better on 1/144.
Lastly, a commenter suggested that I need to add more debris or weathering on the shield part as it looks too clean. Addressed that by painting over some Black lava paint. I will have to redo all the dry brushing and washes on these parts to blend them with the previous painted parts.
All the suggestions should help make the build look better once done. So thank you for the suggestions guys!
I painted over some Water Effects paint earlier today... you need to let it dry for 24 hours, but I hope it looks better once I get home from work today. The Water Effects paint will dry into a transparent rubber-like surface. The diorama is shaping up already and I hope to finish it soon! Thanks as always for dropping by! Until next post guys! Just enjoy the hobby! :)