Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, March 14, 2010

hguc Geara Zulu WIP part V


UPDATE 03-14-10: painting the base color

Ello guys, I painted the hguc Geara Zulu today, I was slowed down by watching the Manny Pacquio fight though. I painted this for 3 hours but watching the fight in between rounds made the painting session last up to 5 hours. Anyways, I primed this with Bosny primer grey ( industrial grade primer ) and painted this with Tamiya acrylics with Tamiya paint retarder. I ran out of yellow so I painted the cable parts in flat aluminum. I also forgot that I do not have a white paint anymore, so I airbrushed the white with a Citadel skull white. The citadel paint is as big as the Tamiya acrylic jars but it is more than twice the price. I mixed the Citadel paint with a drop of water and it dries pretty fast and is very nice and smooth. I also enjoyed shading the thrusters with silver and copper...looks ok. Now here are some pics...

I gave all the pieces some nice wet sanding before putting them to satay sticks for priming...


Primed the parts with Bosny primer grey...roughly 3 thin coats after an initial mist coat...


Tamiya acrylic paints, Tamiya acrylic thinner and Tamiya acrylic paint retarder...my Tamiya HG airbrush III is off cam ( coz it's dirty )...


Thanks for viewing! ;) til' next post!

hguc Geara Zulu WIP part IV - custom base

6 comments:

greenmondaymorning said...

i hope its not to late but i have the inner frame sholder desighn

greenmondaymorning said...

im stupid i forgot the link -.-'

http://greenmondaymorning.blogspot.com/

MR_ZINC (AULON) said...

you can always paint the aluminim parts with some clear yellow if you have any, it will give you a nie gold effect (depends on the number of coats) keep it up caouse it's a great build so far :)

Anonymous said...

@ greenmonday, saw the sketch...I like the idea...but i have painted the kit bro...will try it on a different build. BTW, I added you to my blog roll. ;)

@ Aulon, Agree, but I kinda like the flat aluminum look on the cables...looks more proper for a mass produced mech...I'll reserve those metallic candy coating finishing on my Kshatriya. thanks bro. ;)

greenmondaymorning said...

realy.. you add MY blog, it doesnt get much love and your probobly the only 1 that hase seen it -.-'

Anonymous said...

hehehe, as you've said your blog is your journey towrds pro - dom. goodluck young bro. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS