Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, March 15, 2010

hguc Geara Zulu WIP part VI


UPDATE 03-15-10 : detail painting

Ello guys, just a quick update on the Geara Zulu build...I have been detail painting the kit with citadel paints. I used Citadel boltgun metal and skull white and a 00 brush. The citadel paints dries pretty quickly and has no brush strokes. I have yet to clean up some black enamel wash and also have yet to give the other parts the same wash. I will finish up the enamel wash and do decals soon. This will be the last update for this build...thanks for viewing. Now, here are a few quick snapshots of the parts with detail painting...


The mono eye was painted flat aluminum and was painted with  3 thin coats of Tamiya clear red...notice that I have yet to clean the enamel wash on the right part of the chest of the kit...it is still dirty. ;)


The top photo and the photo below shows that I hand brushed some black enamel paint over the cuffs that was painted with white acrylic paint earlier. I will then rub some cotton swabs dipped in Zippo lighter removing the black paint on the embossed areas as seen in the last pic below. ;)


I did the cuffs by painting the parts with Citadel skull white and sealed it with future...then I gave it lots of thin layers of flat black enamel, letting it dry around 10 minutes per layer. Then I rubbed a cotton swab soaked in Zippo lighter fluid lightly on the surface revealing the embossed pattern.


I still need to touch up some detail painting, do panel line wash on the other parts and put a few decals...and I also need to paint the base soon. I might do all of those tomorrow. I have to seal this first with future before continuing with the panel line wash and decals...so basically this will be done in a couple of days and will move on to the AC White Glint already. I am torn between leaving this build clean as it is or to weather it...oh well I might leave it plain and clean, playing it safe again.
Thanks for viewing! ;)

6 comments:

Gary Wintin said...

I cannot even remembered that you did this kit....

DC23 said...

Just a relax hguc build bro... had fun with the reverse wash on the emblems though. :)

noobita said...

Sir, is it OK to do the reverse wash in below order?

1.bosny duchess gold
2.bosny clear gloss
3. enamel black

then wipe off with zippo fluid?

DC23 said...

Yeap, that will work just fine, as the Zippo will never harm the Bosny undercoat. :)

noobita said...

thank you sir. I have another question though, how about I do it the other way around:
i. Enamel Gold as basecoat
ii. Enamel Clear gloss (is this optional?)
iii. Bosny Black as topcoat
iv. Rub off Bosny Black with Acrylic thinner

DC23 said...

SHould also work bro, but I have not tried it thus I do not recommend it. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS