Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, March 24, 2011

MG The O custom modeled by Decay

custommastergrade

 Just got in the office, opened my blog, and opened our MAC Forums when suddenly I was greeted with this monster of a build! I needed NO coffee whatsoever nor do I need to eat breakfast to wake my senses up. This monster Master Grade The O custom was modeled by William Decay aka decay of our MAC Forums.

Decay was pretty much known for his beautiful rendition of the MG EX-S, but I think people would also now associate him with this recent masterpiece. I love the steam punk, grungy effect of the weathering and finishing and how he broke the monotony of the colors with some whites, darker tones and decal work.

All the modifications are beautiful and the mesh work is just a delight to look at. This made me soooo itchy to touch my The O build or any plastic for that matter. The mini arm that was originally placed underneath the front skirts and is now placed alongside the main arms is GENIUS! I love the creativity put into this build and the execution is masterful!

For more photos and discussion of this beautiful masterpiece, here is the link to our MAC Forums...
MG The O custom modeled by Decay

custommastergrade

custommastergrade
Thanks for dropping by! Til' next featured guest modeler! :)



8 comments:

Vulcan said...

I can't say I can enjoy that design, but I can at least appreciate it for the amount of hard work that was put into it.

Decay said...

Thanks you so much Don, I love it when you show my models.

Kamm said...

I love this, all the mods Marc did are unreal. Thanks for sharing this Don and massive thumbs up to Marc.

p.s. Who is WILLIAM!? lol

DC23 said...

In contrary, I love these sort of designs. I find them realistic and a tend to look at it a lot longer. SO many details to enjoy! :)

DC23 said...

Thank you for sharing another masterpiece with us bro, I love it whenever you finish a model. hahaha :)

DC23 said...

HAHAHA, I am using his " cyber " name Kammy! XD

Vulcan said...

To me, the model feels out of scale with way too much detail. In my opinion this level of detail should be reserved for a larger 1/60 or 1/48.

DC23 said...

I see where your getting from bro... IMO, much like the 1/144 scaled StarWars Milllenium Falcon - http://www.hlj.com/product/fnmsw-11

I do think Gunpla in 1/100 scale or even 1/144 could be as detailed. The Mill Falcon is one of my many inspirations when I will be detailing my MG The O, so mine will be so detailed too for a 1/100 scale I guess.

But like I said, the 1/144 Mill Falcon is so detailed for such a small scale, I do not see anything wrong doing it to a 1/100 Gunpla.

I do not want to limit myself in detailing because of scale or because of the usual Gunpla we see around. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS