Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, November 28, 2014

Cheapest Styrene Cement Substitute


PU Reducer at long last!!! As usual, I am a bit broke and the closest hobby shop to my place is a couple of hours, maybe even 3 hours away. So I decided to hunt for a can of PU Reducer as substitute for Tamiya cement today.

I have heard of the PU Reducer from MatanglawinX. I think MatX has been using PU for years now. Karl Nualla of Mechapinoy also told me that he uses this instead of Tamiya cement. So I am pretty sure this is good stuff as I trust the skills and choice of materials of both those modelers.

I have not tested the PU Reducer yet, but  according to research they melt styrene much the same like Tamiya cement does, albeit a bit stronger. I should be able to test it tomorrow as I work on the diorama of my GBWC 2015 entry. I will be melting a lot of styrene for that diorama, using Tamiya cement was never an option. Glad I was able to find this today!

A litre of this Hudson PU Reducer costs half ( 130 pesos ) of the bottle of Tamiya thin cement ( 260 pesos )... can't do the math, but the PU Reducer is such a bargain and should last forever! 



Thanks as always for dropping by! Until next post guys! Just enjoy the hobby! 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a nice find sir Don!

kabonny said...

Sir Don, is it possible to thin this to extra thin consistency if it isn't already?

Unknown said...

G G G GBWC 2015 #shock
GBWC 2014 not finish yet XD
btw is that thing only stock at hobby shop or is that thing stock in some kind of industry material shop?

Unknown said...

@kabonny, i also use this Hudson PU Reducer myself... it's already very thin, like the tamiya extra thin cement.
a friend of mine also used this to thin down some regular tamiya cement which had already started getting gooey. he now also uses this (Hudson PU Reducer) instead of tamiya extra thin cement.

dave said...

Nice one sir don!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS