Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, December 20, 2009

PG Zeta commision work WIP part II

Hello guys, after mounting the PG Zeta over an old base and a piece of wood, I started working on the base of the huge kit. The base is pretty much and obviously inspired by Fritz's awesome work on his Sinanju...it is basically a part of a space colony. My base will be weathered and battle damaged though, unlike Fritz's nice clean work on his dio...making it faster to do than adding nice neat details.

Materials:










Here are some pics...I used the elastoseal to fasten the cases to the base and will coat it with my glue and sand mixture once dried. I will of course add more details to this base later...but I think it looks good so far...









Mounting the cd cases with the gray sealant...
















Again I will add more details like wires and such and will battle damage the base later...thanks for viewing! : )

UPDATE 12-21-09: added more tubes, wires and extra parts to the base...
Hello guys, I added more tubes/sticks to cover the disks and add more depth to the base...I also added some wires to make it look more busy. I will strip some of the insulation of the wires to expose the smaller wires...and make it look more detailed...here are some pics...
yesterday the base looks like this...


now, it's busier after I added more sticks and other parts from my stash...














After adding the sticks, I added some wires...again, I will strip a few of the wires of it's insulation...thus exposing more and smaller wires later...








Now, after adding the wires...I mixed my usual sand and glue mixture and applied it throughout the base, I specially applied some over the joints and the inserted wires. Once dried, the construction will be a lot more solid and strong, due to the glue that hardens like rock ( weighs like rock also ) when dried...I will be putting small gun holes throughout the base and melt the edges with my soldering iron later, then will be off to painting...btw, the sand mixture will be painted rust thus justifying the rough texture at the edges and joints of the base...













7 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

What kind of rod/stick did you use to hold up the Zeta gundam. Thanks

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

It's a copper / brass rod I got from my dad's workshop bro. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Just another question, did you drill a hole in the gundam to put the rod in? Thanks.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Did you drill a hole in the gundam. Thanks.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yes bro I just drilled a hole underneath the crotch of the Zeta, it is in one of the wips. :)

DC23 said...

Yes. :)

Anonymous said...

DC23, where do you get the sand for your sand glue mixture and is there a fixed ratio for it? thanks!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS