Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, February 25, 2010

PG Zeta ver DC23


Ello guys, This was my first PG build and is a commission work at that. It took me a while to finish this build, I got this kit from the client last November 22, 2009...but I worked on a hguc Zaku and a MG Acguy before working on the kit full time. I finished the hguc Zaku last December and finished my MG Acguy last January 1, 2010. So, I worked on this kit full time since January 1, though I have been working on it sparingly specially the diorama/base since December. Roughly it took me 8 weekends to complete this, quite slow in comparison to my other builds.

I posted the WIP thread
only at ZeroGunz coz I was quite busy with my blog during that time, and posting in all the forums is quite tedious for me. Anyways, it was an experience building such a complicated and huge kit, I plan to get a PG Zaku soon and give it an extreme ver DC23 treatment coz I enjoyed it so much and seeing the finished kit is really fulfilling. I also have a WIP of this build here in my blog, here is the link...PG Zeta ver DC23 WIP

I finished painting all the parts and assembled this huge kit last Sunday ( February 21 ) and I had a blast assembling and putting all the painted parts together...I decalled the backpack and the gun yesterday and gave this kit its final flat topcoat earlier today. The flat coat revealed all the details and decals added to the kit. The client wanted a black predominantly dark colored Zeta initially, but I kinda hesitated on painting this with dark grays and blacks, mainly because really dark colors will tend to hide all the detailing I usually put on my kits. So, at the last minute I decided to add clear blue and light blue to my gray mixtures, thus ending up with a bluish gray color scheme instead. I must say the color scheme turned out great, specially after giving it a flat coat. the overall look is dark and menacing but the color did not hide my detailing that much. I also hand painted the small details with gold, thus giving it a more detailed look.

I will be giving this monster to the client by Sunday ( February 28 ) and might get a PG Zaku after getting the payment. hihi...I won't be seeing my first PG by Sunday, so I took a lot of pictures today...I photoshoped the photos to eliminate the wrinkled blanket I used for the background, but I made sure that the colors is roughly accurate to the real thing. As always my photography aint that good, so this looks better in person as usual.

Now, I present to you my PG Zeta ver DC23...here are 44 pics of the kit...
















































Thanks to my ZeroGunz family for the support and to all the visitors of my blog, thanks!!!


14 comments:

Sammy! said...

Great job Don!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

thanks bro Sammy!!! I still need to improve my finishing bro...thanks! :)

progenitor said...

Awesome job man, doing a PG is no small feat and this is definitely a showcase level job. Congrats.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro...yeap, its really huge! the good thing is that I paced myself on working with it, so I did not get burned out, I will be snapfitiing the AC this weekend. thanks buddy! :)

howardkhor said...

i'm late~ the head looking at the sky, cool, the atmosphere feel like the zeta won from battle...just my 1st impression, lol, anyway as usualy u done a good job, tats the color scheme i voted b4 i guess, nice one ^^, looking forward the white glint~

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton man! I had to manage a pose that won't loosen the joints overtime...so I came up with this, glad it is telling a story of some sort. Thanks again! :)

John said...

Wow, this is just amazing! I love seeing how people can customize their models and make them really unique. Btw, noob question, does pla plating (PLAstic Plates?) refer to the raised bits you put on the armor?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks John! Yes pla plating are the raised parts over the armor...they look odd sometimes during the WIP stage...but always end up blending with the armor once primed. thanks again. :)

phantom862 said...

your works are great don, I'd been watching your post this past days, and it drop my jaw in awe seeing them. are you doing gunpla on a daily basis?, are you using bandai kits? I'll be following your updates closely.

Anonymous said...

Thank you bro for dropping by...;)...I used to do Gunpla everyday the past couple of years, but this year I only do Gunpla every weekends...and yes I use Bandai kits. Thanks bro. ;D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I was totally amazed at your ZETA custom,...I have been building kits for a while now, but was always sticking to the standard look on the models...your works are inspiring for builders like me! Thanks for sharing!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! glad the Zeta is some sort of an inspiration bro. XD

Ciccio1-P8 said...

Hello DC, I saw this just yesterday ... your work is fabulous !!!!!! You have changed a great way ZETA! I really like her look so mechanical. I still have to look good all the details but I'm sure I will like this model more and more. Congratulations again!

DC23 said...

Thanks a ton bro Ciccio! Compliments from a very good modeler is very inspiring! Thank you! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS