I got this Builders Parts System Base 001 from one of my sponsors for free as usual. Got this from GreatToysOnline a few weeks back and just decided to snap fit it and give it a look.
I never bought the Kotobukiya Hangars ever as I find it expensive, but I got curious when I saw Bandai release their own version. Apparently Bandai is now producing some Builders Parts and I must say that this is really cool stuff! So let me list some of the cool features of this hangar...
- Very detailed Hangar ( for a collector POV ) that looks so good on your display cabinet.
- The hangar base can be both narrow or wide depending on the 1/144 kit that you plan to put on the base. The width can easily be adjusted to wide or narrow.
- The main feature would be the pegs and rotating main part of the base. This feature will allow you to adjust the angle of the kit on the hangar. Straight up to almost lying down (about 45 degrees).
- The base comes with a couple of pegs that would allow you to connect with other System Base 001.
- The base comes with extra parts to hold accessories like bazookas or rifles to the base itself.
However for serious modelers, this base is a lot of work. As you can see in the photos, there are so many hollow parts to fill up and the details are not enough for a convincing realistic hangar look. The System Base 001 would be a good foundation for a hangar base but their is so much work to make it look really good ( from a serious modeler's point of view ).
Then again, if you are looking for a quick way to upgrade the look of your Real Grade or 1/144 collection on your display cabinet... the System Base 001 is a must have!
Some cool extra parts that I could use for my 1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama! woot! :)
Thanks as always for dropping by! Until Next Post! Just Enjoy the Hobby Guys! :)