Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Armored Core WHITE GLINT with V.O.B. ver DC23


Ello guys, I just finished putting the final topcoat of my very first international commission work, which is the AC White Glint build and finally it is done! I actually worked on this for 2 1/2 months ( on and off ) and I got the kit around February 28. The kit as I've said before looks really really impressive and is my most impressive looking build so far.

There are a lot of seam lines to work on and there are a gazillion small parts to paint but it was truly a great experience to have worked with a non - Gundam kit. As per the client's intructions which is to glue the loose parts ( make it feel more solid ) and weather the kit, I think I did a fairly good job.

You will notice in the photos that I did not weather the Vanguard Overed Boost ( backpack ) as much as the White Glint itself...I personally think this gives a more logical overall look to the build coz the White Glint does not have the V.O.B. in every mission, plus it adds a nice depth to the overall look of the build.

I have modded the kit with my usual pla plattery and some MSG option parts and have weathered the kit with some Citadel paints and Tamiya enamels. I painted the base color with Tamiya acrylics sealed with Future before weathering and paint chipping, nuf talk about the build coz I have talked a lot about this build in it's 16 part WIP posts.

Anyways, I will let the topcoat cure for a few days and will be shipping this soon to the US...this kit will travel thousands of miles so I have to figure out something to make the packaging solid and secure. I took a lot of photos today coz I will never be seeing this kit again. huhu...anyways here are tons of pics of my AC White Glint ver DC23...










































Thanks for dropping by! til next post! ;D





34 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

and that was one nice awesome superb work from you Sir, like how you got with your previous works =D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Awesome work!!! How I wish I could see this work IRL...

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Wow, I can safely say this is the most impressive WG in the world right now. Great job man.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

*speechless* its just simply awesome!! makes me want one!! lol... the details, weathering effects, coloring is just beautiful!!

great work there!! its the best!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro...this is my fav of my works so far. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! unless your from the US...you could ask the client to show it to you. ;D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks for the nod bro! happy you like it...XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

This is an impressive kit, I very much recommend it...you just have to surpass the seam line hurdle. thanks for the compliments bro! ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Master D, you are truly world class! d^^b
The weathering is wicked sick!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Great job done!!! Your kit looks extremely awesome.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Don it's perfect!!!! I love so much the weathering effect!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Cyan! just some enamel washes did the trick. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks man...not really my kit, a commish work that will be shipped soon. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! you do great weathering yourself. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

A job well done. I know how you feel about sending the finished product to your client after is done. Don't you just wanna keep it? =)

One day I will attempt to do weathering on my kit too. but for now, let me continue to feast my eyes on your white glint!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

The more i look at it, the more i got to convince myself that its plastic underneath and not real metal! love the way it looks :D and excellent photos as well :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

It's finally done. ASTONISHING work as always!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Beautiful ! Detail ! Nice photos ! Good finishing ! Too much to compliment. This is another masterpiece to pay salute, bro. Great job! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Awesome work! I really love the weathering :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehehe...will just keep the photos and a gun the client gave me. ;)

Thanks bro, looking forward to seeing you weather a kit... it is so much fun. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks elton, I kinda got lucky how the paint chipping effects turned out...thanks ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Mat! can't chat this month due to my early AM sched...had to sleep early everyday. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton for the compliments Janus! <:D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks h4mster for dropping a comment! appreciate it bro! ;D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Looks like another master piece bro :D Gwad the weathering is awesome!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Kelvin! just got lucky man. hihi. ;D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

very nice realistic look, I bet this would look awesome in personal

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks ignitionmode! it pretty much looks the same in person bro, I think I kinda captured the small details and the small paint chipping effects accurately in photos. Though looking at it in person is nice coz it actually looks heavy. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Did you paint the kit white first before weathering it? i got the white glint also and want to do the same weathering with my unsung

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yes, I painted it with Tamiya flat white before weathering with citadel paints and enamel paints. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

5/5 dude...Kapag nabasa ba yung pastel /weathering tool nabubura?

Padespoint said...

Holy PRO!

DC23 said...

Nababawasan... kailangan mag layer ulit. :)

DC23 said...

Thanks!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS