Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, March 30, 2014

34 Zaku Hangar Crews Assembled

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

At last I have assembled all 34 1/48 crew members of my Mega Scale Zaku Hangar diorama. I have removed the mold lines already and will just need to fill the gaps around the neck and arm joints.

I am now pretty confident that this project will not only be my biggest diorama ever, it will also be the busiest! Unlike my other dioramas though, I hope to do a better job on painting all these figures. I think the main feature of the diorama are the figures as the Zaku will just be standing straight.

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

The next couple of photos shows that I will not be using identical figures on this Zaku diorama. I wish I could make it sound complicated ( LOL ), but to be honest I just swapped the arms and heads to create different looking figures.

The two (2) photos below are showing the same figures that now looks different due to swapped parts. The upper torso and the leg parts remains the same though. Hopefully positioning them apart from each other in the diorama will not give away the fact that I am just using the same figs.

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

So far I have 34 figures I plan to use. However if I fail to pull off this custom made Char Aznable, I will obviously end up with 33. The char is basically one of the figures that I sort of sculpted. I gave him some boots and gloves by scraping off plastic and added the costume using Green Stuff. 

Char is still rough but once the Green Stuff has cured, I can refine the sculpt through sanding and shaving. I hope I can pull it off. :)

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Assembling figures is fun! But kind of boring after 25 figs! I will set them aside as Char is still curing and now work on the 1/48 Zaku. I am going for a steam punk old school look to match the old school goggles of the crew members.

Wish me luck! Thanks for dropping by! Until next update guys! Just enjoy the hobby! :)

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto


No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS