Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, March 31, 2014

1/48 Zaku verDC23 WIP 033114

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Old habits die hard. And so I am slowly over detailing this project as usual.

I originally wanted a classic looking Zaku that does not look too customized. This is the same kit I am placing on a huge 1/48 Hangar Diorama. Obviously I am already obscuring the classic look of the Zaku.

I feel that the visor matches the round left shoulder armor and it should hopefully compliment the big crotch and skirts. This should give my Zaku that extra armor look without the need to kitbash 5 kits! ;)

I am going for a hyper detailed kit that wont look absurd and still resemble your classic green Zaku. No funny kit bashing super mecha monster ongoing here.

BTW, cutting 1/48 armor is hard! It is thicker than your usual MG armors but nothing my Hasegawa saws cannot handle. It has been a while since I customized a kit like so, I almost forgot how relaxing it is. 

Anyways, hope you like my update so far. Thanks for dropping by! Until next post guys! Just enjoy the hobby! :)

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto

Zaku Diorama WIPphoto





2 comments:

Elentar Lee said...

awesome panel lines....i can't even do a simple straight line >_<

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Just scribe with very light strokes bro. Thanks! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS