Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama - Unboxing Again


1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

This Zaku hangar diorama project is basically a dream project that I have shelved ( boxed ) for a loooong time. My very last post about this project was way back January of 2012 ( see post here ). So at least I have done the boring work of removing the seam lines ( albeit some are still visible ) and could jump into modifications and diorama construction already.In fact I have also constructed a wooden box for the hangar, but will redo it as I find it kind of too big for the kit.

I plan this to be my BIG side project as I still need to work on a few pending commission works this year. I plan to work with this from time to time and not on a regular " kill yourself " mode basis.

I think I am capable of modifying and painting the 1/48 figures this time around than years past. My short experience in painting miniatures ( see also this post ) will aid me in painting these little critters.I hope I can push myself to modify one of the figures to look like Char like in this diorama. If I cannot and my skills with green stuff will not allow me to do a Char figure, then fine! But I still want a really busy Zaku hangar diorama no matter what.

My last ( and only ) really complicated diorama was my " The Graveyard " diorama done back in 2009. I feel after looking at my Galleries ( 3 of them ), that I have regressed through the years and have not done really good projects before my self imposed retirement. So I think It is about time I push through with this dream project that I could show off in my display cabinet hopefully at the end of the year.

BTW, I have used some of these 1/48 figures in my The O II Hauer project. These figures are so fun to paint and as I've said I think I will do a better job this time because of my experience in painting miniatures. Basically I have 26 1/48 figures to use in this project. I think the number of figures will be enough to make it look really busy!

Anyways below are more photos of my materials for this 1/48 Zaku hangar diorama project.

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

1/48 Zaku Hangar Diorama verDC23 photo

No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS