Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, June 24, 2010

MG Sazabi WIP - prelim mods on crotch, front skirt and chest part.


Stand aside " the O "... I present to you " The crOtch "! lol

I managed to squeeze in a couple of hours yesterday and today before work to do the preliminary shapes and mods of the crotch, the front skirts and the chest part. Obviously I am going for an exaggerated steam punk - out of proportion - super sci fi - The O look.

Big Guns are the in thing these days, so aside from trying to scratch build a big Gun later,  I started on a big backpack already, the big crotch is taking shape and the big front skirts also... will try to squeeze time to do the basic shape of the big rear skirt later today. hihi

Basically I used the tank of a Gunner Zaku for the chest and used some aqua epoxy to reshape it a bit. I will need to reshape it further coz the shape is too missile like. I think like any other mods... the chest will be the hardest part to refine and pull off.

I used some 2mm, 1.2mm and 1mm pla plates for the crotch and the front skirt. Obviously I have to beef up the front skirt soon, but the crotch has its main shape already. I will have to reshape the rear skirt and maybe the shoulder armors before detailing this build.

I just realized how slow I am in scratch building... I am having nose bleeds every time I measure the pla plates, but its kinda fun once you see and imagine how it will turn out. Anyways, here are some more angle pics of the preliminary mods so far...












ALL C&Cs are most welcome at this point of the build...thanks for dropping by! til' next update! XD

25 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

really like the pla plating sir don d-(^_^)-b

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

wow! your also here... appreciate the visit kabayan! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I bet it can do a crouch chop! great work bro!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hahaha! yeah it could... thanks bro! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

OMG! the chest looks like a baby d**k!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

impressive starts there~

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Great work there bro.....interesting concept 'sazabi' steampunk concept! cant wait to c it!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

boss donc! I like your idea on the chest, extending it to look more like a cockpit, like most AC mecha. Though in my opinion I kinda dont like the uber huge front skirts, but I'm guessing that is "the O" inspired. hehe, looking forward to this sir!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks buddy! Oh I have no idea about steam detective, will research later... Hopefully will have better updates tomorrow night. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro... will reshape the chest further and will beef up the skirt also...looks like a big fan as of now. hihi. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Phoon...same concept as my MG DOM actually but bigger. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro...hopefully it ends up the same as well. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehe, yeap it does... will try to reshape later. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

when you said "Steam punk" theme... I thought it would look like that robot in "Steam Detective"... got ahead of myself... Good work DC!!! Awesome as usual... Looking forward to the next update!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

re you planning to make the night tale?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nope! as much as I would want to... I do not have enough skills to pull off a Nightingale conversion bro. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

excited to see this finished!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! but that will be a while, I really have to work on my PG MKII commission very soon. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Hey Master Don, as you call Fichtenfoo master, I will call you my Master!...hehehe... i like your initial built of your kit. the chest looks like a but of a Bumble Bee though...Lol...hehehe... i'm kinda hesitant to bash my kit, i have 1/100 mg kits, just do simple panel linings & detailing... I'm afraid to do mods, co'z of the kit's price...hehehe...

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Sorry Master, typo... i mean the chest looks like a Butt of a Bumble Bee or Wasp...hehehe...

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

When you said "Steam punk" first thing that came to my head was the anime "Steam Detective"... There was a mecha there. Then I saw it looks more like "The O" and im starting to like it...

GO kabayaN!!! Awesome as usual...

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Woah!!! I still can't picture what you have in mind, but awaiting your next update.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

No need bro!hahaha... I have reshaped the chest, it looks like a d*%k now. hahaha...practice modding HGUC kits, they are a lot cheaper than MGs. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton for the encouragement kabayan! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Really bro? I got the idea from your post of the " the O II ", will post updates later bro ;D

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS