Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/35 Tieren Ground Type WIP


I was thinking about my entry in the ZeroGunz Weathering versus Metallic GB and figured that using a kit in 1/144 scale is not so good for weathering techniques like paint chipping and such. I personally think that applying some washes and some dry brushing will already make a 1/144 kit look weathered. Kinda boring...

Even dry brushing if done too much will be too out of scale for a 1/144 scale, simply put I will be too limited, weathering wise if I stick to the 1/144 scale. So I thought of converting the 1/144 Tieren ground type into a 1/35 Tieren with an exposed 1/35 military figure as the head. The Tieren is now good for any type of weathering done with tanks and such. 

I glued on some 1/35 guns / rifles to give it a more 1/35 feel to it, will then slap some MSG koto parts for extra detailing and will add some battle damage effects all over. Will take better photos before and after priming. Now here are more photos of the 1/35 Tieren so far...





Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)

10 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

As much as I like the idea of Tieren as a 1/35 battle armour, I can't help but feel a bit annoyed when I see the infamous trope of the glaringly exposed, sniper baiting head! So you plan to address that somehow? Maybe with a larger, false head above this one so the human head will look like a part of the neck, or heck, even a block of armour plating covering the human head? What about a roundish, clear canopy reinforced with metal bars? Sorry for the rant, but exposed head on such a rugged and mechanical design just doesn't sit well with me.
/rant

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I really like ur idea, but I notice the pilot looks like he may not have much room for his legs, me thinks, judging from the size of his head, and Tieren's torso and waist. Personally I think 1/100 Tieren fits better for this mod.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nice idea DC.... looks really cool. A good change from your usual work right? Will be good seeing you work on somthing other then Gunpla. (although I love gunpla <3 !)

Cant wait to see wat you do with this Sir Don!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

this reminds me of fichtenfoo. nice idea man!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! fichtenfoo, toymaker and Zluca are my heroes bro. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro... will work on it, might add metal bars or something. thanks! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Looks snug and fit actually... imagining that the plot is in a very snug sitting position. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Wah!!! do not call me sir! I feel old bro! will have results soon. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Now that I look more closely, that extra bit face mask is a very nice bit of detail you've added. Looking forward to how this turn out!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I added a couple of roll bars just like you suggested bro...will post soon. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS