Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

PG Gundam MKII diorama done!


I just finished painting the PG MKII diorama that was formerly the MG Sazabi diorama. This is as big as my The Graveyard dio as this was originally planned for BMKWC. This is a bit simple though and is just a simple old hangar in the middle of a red planet.

Now let us go through the simple painting steps I did to this dio. First I painted the whole thing with Bosny ( industrial grade ) Flat Black earlier today...


We went to the grocery to buy some food and I got some future too. To my surprise there is a RED future and figured I could try it out and give the ground work a red color.

I dry brushed some white acrylic over the black ground work to bring out the texture... then I sprayed 2 coats of RED future. Much to my dismay, the red future is not as red as I thought it would be.

See in the photo below how UNred the red future is. :(

So I then painted the ground work with clear red and red brown using my airbrush...

After painting the hangar with Tamiya gray, I then added rust to a few areas using my Mungyo chalk pastels. No enamel washes for this diorama as I ran out of Zippo lighter fluid.


Before the pastel work...

Some pastels in a few corners...


Due to the weak RED tint of the red future, I decided to use it as the top coat. I mixed Tamiya flat base to give the whole dio a semi gloss finish...


DONE!!! Actually it is still a bit glossy specially the groundwork, but will just let it cure first before spraying over another flat top coat using the RED future. Now here are some photos...










Btw, I also painted the EVA dio / base the same manner as the PG MKII base... not much photos as it is too simple... too simple to even have it's own WIP. hihi 


Thanks for dropping by! Up next, painting the PG MKII! ;)

28 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nice use of runners! I like the way in which you have made the pastel "rust" seem as though it has collected naturally.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! I love pastels, the effect is so subtle unlike washes. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

that's one big dio just by the looks of it and awesome groundwork as always DC! this dio is going to be... "LEGENDARY" ^_^
MORE POWER BRO!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeah it is as big as my The Graveyard dio... Thanks as always Paul! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

incredible. This made me want to build a diorama RIGHT NOW!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! Go build one! hihi XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Anu po gamit nyo sa gray (Stage-like) na yan?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

High Impact Plastic Sheets I bought from Deovyr sa SM North. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

FREAKIN WONDERFUL, I forgot how much I liked this one, and now I like even more.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

AMAZING.
Question: Magkano yung Pledge?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! it is a bit too simple though, but kinda like the color of the groundwork. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

90 pesos. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

DC this is outstanding. Thanks for showing the WIP pictures too! Someday I hope to be able to put together dios like this.... really inspiring work.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

i wanna try this one... How much is it?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Sir.. I just wanted to ask where to buy chalk pastels locally and how much does a set costs???

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

You did a great job with your Watchmen Strike, I am pretty sure you could pull off a nice dio yourself. It is all about the painting when it comes to dios. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

National bookstores... forgot about the price, but you could buy them in individual sticks. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

It's cheap... around 50 pesos per sheet... forgot already. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

oh...What about Mungyo chalk pastels can i use it for coloring gundam?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

You can use pastels to weather your Gundam bro. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks :D

cid said...

hi again sir dc! i recently purchased a set of mungyo chalk pastels.. how do you apply them on your kit for weathering? do you mix it with thinner, oil or somethin? TIA!

DC23 said...

Grind the pastels with sandpaper and you can apply them with a brush OR you could mix it with Tamiya thinner and apply them on the kit. Make sure to seal after. :)

cid said...

thanks sir dc! I really appreciated your help!

cid said...

hi again and again! =). i was shopping late this afternoon, but i cant seem to find a tamiya thinner.. does the industrial grade thinner could work with pastels? TIA

DC23 said...

Yeap it would, actually even water would work with both pastels and pigments. ;)

DC23 said...

welcome, that is what this blog is for bro. :)

DC23 said...

Welcome. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS