Tuesday, November 16, 2010

PG Gundam MKII diorama done!


I just finished painting the PG MKII diorama that was formerly the MG Sazabi diorama. This is as big as my The Graveyard dio as this was originally planned for BMKWC. This is a bit simple though and is just a simple old hangar in the middle of a red planet.

Now let us go through the simple painting steps I did to this dio. First I painted the whole thing with Bosny ( industrial grade ) Flat Black earlier today...


We went to the grocery to buy some food and I got some future too. To my surprise there is a RED future and figured I could try it out and give the ground work a red color.

I dry brushed some white acrylic over the black ground work to bring out the texture... then I sprayed 2 coats of RED future. Much to my dismay, the red future is not as red as I thought it would be.

See in the photo below how UNred the red future is. :(

So I then painted the ground work with clear red and red brown using my airbrush...

After painting the hangar with Tamiya gray, I then added rust to a few areas using my Mungyo chalk pastels. No enamel washes for this diorama as I ran out of Zippo lighter fluid.


Before the pastel work...

Some pastels in a few corners...


Due to the weak RED tint of the red future, I decided to use it as the top coat. I mixed Tamiya flat base to give the whole dio a semi gloss finish...


DONE!!! Actually it is still a bit glossy specially the groundwork, but will just let it cure first before spraying over another flat top coat using the RED future. Now here are some photos...










Btw, I also painted the EVA dio / base the same manner as the PG MKII base... not much photos as it is too simple... too simple to even have it's own WIP. hihi 


Thanks for dropping by! Up next, painting the PG MKII! ;)

Post a Comment