Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, February 7, 2014

Katipunan Diorama Commission Work


  KatipunanDioramaPhoto

Hi Guys! I am killing time at work as I just finished my reports, so I thought I'd share my latest ( sort of ) work. 

I did this sometime October last year ( 2013 ). This is basically a diorama depicting the life events of one of our National Heroes ( Andres Bonifacio - Philippines ). This was shot ( with cameras and lightes ) for a series of promotional plugs for the special TV series of Andres Bonifacio in one of the channels here.

It is rough... but that was the idea. The client gave me a couple of weekends to work on this project and I must say that I barely pulled it off! I finished painting some of the parts of the diorama in the same morning when it was shot. Some details was done during the actual video shoot by a good friend and fellow local scale modeler in Arthur Gavino.

I decided to use just papers and cardboard stuffs to speed up the construction and I painted the whole shebang using all Vallejo Acrylic Paints. Those paints ( though a tad expensive ) are a blessing from above. The coverage of Vallejo paints is just so remarkable. 

I had to resort to actually sculpting custom 2 inch sized figures for the diorama. I used copper wires for the frames and GREEN STUFF for the flesh ( and clothes ). Nothing special, but considering I only had a day to create 23 figures, I think I did okay. Pretty fun but really tedious work.

Hope you like this post although it's nothing special. The project ( commission work ) was extraordinary as it is rare that clients would shoot miniatures for commercials rather than computer animation. Pretty rad experience and pretty good pay too! 

Thanks for dropping by! Until next post guys! Just enjoy the hobby!

KatipunanDioramaPhoto 



KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

KatipunanDioramaPhoto

No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS