Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Toymaker versus DC23 face-off WIP - diorama shaping up


The OII diorama WIP Photo

I am happy to show you a glimpse of my the O II diorama today. I worked on the staging of the diorama a while back and continued to work with the dio once in a while. I have done a handful of wrecked or damaged diorama with CD cases before as you can see here, here, here and here.

SO in a vain desperate attempt to produce something a little bit different than my previous hangar dioramas, I thought of making a wrecked colony which crashed in the middle of the ocean concept. So to kinda visualize the colony in the middle of the ocean, I painted the ocean with blue acrylic last night, just to see how the overall look would somehow look like.

The edges of the wrecked colony should have very heavy weathering as it is soaked in the water. Pretty much how a wrecked abandoned ship looks like. See photo below...


And NOPE I won't be using my old water technique that I used in my " The Graveyard " diorama. I have a new water effects technique that is not resin and proves to look 10 times better than the old silicone technique and 10 times easier than clear resin stuffs. I shall reveal and create a tutorial of it much much later.

I will be adding more bits and pieces to this diorama as I go along the build. At least I have sort of finished the base and will just improve it as I see fit. Will re work on this diorama after the O II and all the commission projects that I have, So updates on this will take some time.

Anyways here are a handful of photos of my wrecked colony diorama for my The O II project so far...

The OII diorama WIP Photo

The OII diorama WIP Photo

The OII diorama WIP Photo

The OII diorama WIP Photo

The OII diorama WIP Photo

Thanks as always or dropping by! Til' next update guys! :)

4 comments:

Yellow Cake said...

Pretty

DC23 said...

Thanks sir! :)

DarkWorkx said...

wow nice diorama there! looking forward to your new tutorial!  really need it!

DC23 said...

Thanks Wuji! hmmm, will make sure to inform you once the tutorial is up. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS