Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Toymaker versus DC23 face-off WIP - diorama staging


custom Master Grade WIP

I needed a quick Gunpla fix before working with my QEE commission work today. So I thought of finally setting up the diorama of my The O II build for my face-off with Kenny Lim aka Toymaker. Nothing original here actually... the concept is basically inspired from the winning wallpaper of Decay which won in our MAC forums anniversary wallpaper contest

The MKII is about to punch the the O II while the huge behemoth seems to wait helplessly. I made the base out of ply board and some ply wood. After installing the copper rod that will support and keep the O in place, I then glued some diskettes just to get the feel of the overall composition.

The diorama is basically a sort of space hangar which crashed in the middle of the ocean. This diorama is actually smaller than my the Graveyard and is just 40 cm by 40 cm. Did not want to produce an overly huge base for the scene as I want more focus on the action taking place.

Most of my dios are boring and a bit static... so this will be my first dynamic looking diorama. Now let's see some pics...

custom Master Grade WIP

custom Master Grade WIP

custom Master Grade WIP

custom Master Grade WIP

custom Master Grade WIP

Thanks as always for dropping by! Til' next update! :)

6 comments:

shiro11 said...

Love action dioramas

DC23 said...

My first bro! Thanks! :)

edward rebolledo said...

i love the pose...it really tells a story,cant wait d finish:)

Kamm said...

I dont know if you can pull this off...

I mean the Fly wont stay there forever.... will it? hahaha

Great dio bro cant wait to see it take shape!

DC23 said...

Thanks! A looooooong way to the finish line bro...:)

DC23 said...

Thanks! will try to catch that stinking fly! hahahaha :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS