Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Toymaker vs DC23 WIP - big butt panel lines!


ToymakerVSDC23

It's been 2 months since I posted my last Gunpla update and its been so long since I worked on this The O II project. In fact my last O II update was way back March 6. So I am super excited to be back so to speak! As much as I need to and want to work with my MG Zeta commission works, I felt I needed to shake off the rust by working with my personal project first before resuming to the commissions. 

I used my T-Hobby chisels for the first time to do the panel lines of the O II butt. It came with 3 tips which are 1mm, .5mm and .2mm. I find the .2mm too thin for the design but it is perfect for other projects. The 1mm tip worked like a charm and the .5mm is just perfect for the normal panel lines.

I made a lot of booboos with the panel line and the panel line design is a bit rough and could be better. Well I was never a panel line guy anyways and It's really been a while since I worked with plastic. I needed to prime the butt to show you the panel lines better and I also needed to check for errors. A lot of errors to clean up but nothing a touch of putty could repair.

It took me the whole day yesterday to work on the panel lines of this butt and I must say that I have slowed down so much due to my 2 month Gunpla lay-off. I must and hopefully should pick up speed anytime soon as I need to finish a couple of Master Grade Zetas aside from this project.

Anyways, enuff excuses... I now present you the butt of my the O II project which is my entry for my FACE-OFF with the overly talented and skilled Kenny Lim aka Toymaker...

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

Hoped you liked my update? Til' next post guys! :)

17 comments:

zop said...

Looks good from here 

PhantomPain said...

Woohoo Don's back :D
Looking great as always!

N. said...

Pretty impressive... how in the world did you make this huge plastic part? Scratch building from some food container?

Jetoman said...

SIR! you're back! How did you do those thick panel-lines? :D

DC23 said...

Thanks bro! :)

DC23 said...

Yeah man! Thanks Sihao! :)

DC23 said...

I will teach it on July 10 during the meet up. I used these chisels - http://dc23-mecharts.blogspot.com/2010/06/t-hobby-chisels-from-hobbies-corner.html

Nightora N. said...

ha xD too bad I don't live in the Philippines or know you irl ^^"

DC23 said...

Oh I see... :D

WOL said...

the biggest butt ive ever seen :)) Good work as always, sir !! ^^

DC23 said...

Hehehe... want to go as big as possible! Thanks bro! :)

Gab_sbognot said...

Kuya, san po kayo nakakabili ng pla plates? at tig magkanu po ung mga un?

DC23 said...

Sa LIL's Trinoma... 75 Php for the .5mm pla plates. :)

Kraynorgrey said...

those panel lines look mighty fine! :)

DC23 said...

Not my strongest point... but Thank you sir! :)

Rogue said...

i saw your tutorial about panel lines, but how'd you make them long lines? thanks!

DC23 said...

The long lines are the easiest, I just wrapped a long tape and scribed along it. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS