Sunday, June 26, 2011

Toymaker vs DC23 WIP - big butt panel lines!


ToymakerVSDC23

It's been 2 months since I posted my last Gunpla update and its been so long since I worked on this The O II project. In fact my last O II update was way back March 6. So I am super excited to be back so to speak! As much as I need to and want to work with my MG Zeta commission works, I felt I needed to shake off the rust by working with my personal project first before resuming to the commissions. 

I used my T-Hobby chisels for the first time to do the panel lines of the O II butt. It came with 3 tips which are 1mm, .5mm and .2mm. I find the .2mm too thin for the design but it is perfect for other projects. The 1mm tip worked like a charm and the .5mm is just perfect for the normal panel lines.

I made a lot of booboos with the panel line and the panel line design is a bit rough and could be better. Well I was never a panel line guy anyways and It's really been a while since I worked with plastic. I needed to prime the butt to show you the panel lines better and I also needed to check for errors. A lot of errors to clean up but nothing a touch of putty could repair.

It took me the whole day yesterday to work on the panel lines of this butt and I must say that I have slowed down so much due to my 2 month Gunpla lay-off. I must and hopefully should pick up speed anytime soon as I need to finish a couple of Master Grade Zetas aside from this project.

Anyways, enuff excuses... I now present you the butt of my the O II project which is my entry for my FACE-OFF with the overly talented and skilled Kenny Lim aka Toymaker...

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

ToymakerVSDC23

Hoped you liked my update? Til' next post guys! :)

Post a Comment