Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, April 11, 2011

MG Zeta WIP - assembled & prepped for decals


custom_MG

After painting yesterday I assembled the parts and did not wait for the clients's comments. Now the problem is if the client wants a change in the color scheme as it is impossible not to scratch the parts if I disassemble this again. 

It is a bit toooo shiny today and looks ridiculous in the photos. I brushed a couple of layers of future last night and it is fully cured today. The future made the armor parts stick to the internals more and is basically to prep the parts for some decal work later. The water slide decals should love this shiny finish and it would be impossible to achieve silvering ( which we do not want ). 

I normally do not post the updates on the decal work and detail painting, but I am pretty sure my client would want to see those small updates until I finish. I am also thinking of applying gold for the panel lines instead of the usual black. I think gold would compliment the main blue color better and would make the lines pop out. Anyways here are some photos of the progress so far...

custom_MG

custom_MG

custom_MG

custom_MG

custom_MG

Thanks for dropping by! Til next update! :)


18 comments:

jetoman said...

Optimus prime

DC23 said...

NO it's Sound Wave. hehehehe

jetoman said...

OH RIGHT! hehehe

DC23 said...

No reds bro, it on't fit as optimus prime. :)

jetoman said...

YEAH.hehe! 1st look at the head i thought its optimus colors.

DC23 said...

Ah yeah, got it! if it had a silver mouth plate it would look too optimus prime. agree! hehehe

wijko said...

nicely painted!

I've just bought an airbrush, and now I am trying to get a Zaku II (MG) painted, but don't now what brand of colors to use.
Especially the metallic colors for the internals. I can't figure out.
Can you share what brand/color you used for the internals, guns and pipes?

Thanks

Kamm said...

Don... dont be an idiot man. Seriously. Your like my hero. Gold panel lines are terrible bro. No good will come of this.

:( !

Aulon said...

Love the way this looks bro, makes me want to work on some gunpla :D

well Don... gold? for real? I know that it is fun to experiment but well... your client will not like it... try it on the underside first... i think that silver would look great tough

Gary Wintin said...

instead of gold, you can try orange or yellow... I have seen somewhere a Strike Noir with orange panel lines... its beautiful

DC23 said...

Thanks!

The internals are painted with spray cans actually, its Nikko metallic silver. The brass colors in the pistons are citadel paints. :)

DC23 said...

Ayt bro... maybe silver? :)

DC23 said...

Yeap I think silver will be safer and it is the same color of the internals. :)

DC23 said...

Maybe silver, going to play it safe bro. thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Jim Francinilla said...

Shiny. I have one question though, I've brushed a part of my Sinanju with Future, and it looked ok, then after a few hours (12ish), I brushed another layer again, but then the coating cracked. It's not really noticeable unless up close, but what can I do to avoid it?

DC23 said...

I think the layer underneath has not cured yet. I mean after painting, let it cure for at least a day before applying future. :)

Zeta Newtype said...

That'd be wicked awesome because Lazerbeak would be the Zeta's wings :D

DC23 said...

hehehhe, I should have painted the wings in red and black the, my bad. hehehe

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS