Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, April 18, 2011

DECAL TRAY for the ultimate decaling experience!

Decal_Tray_photo

I had no Gunpla whatsoever this past weekend, I had to attend to some " real life " activities but I managed to grab a few tools and supplies. I got myself some Vallejo paints and pigments the other day, and yesterday I got a couple of Tamiya tapes, a couple of Tamiya epoxy putty, a larger cutting board and the most ingenious tool ever invented for this hobby! The decal tray!

The decal tray in my opinion is the most ingenious and marvelous tool ever invented to make this hobby easier and a lot more fun! Kidding aside, this tool is my second most unneeded tool I ever bought! lol.
You could simply use a shallow dish of water and your art knife to apply decals. Good thing is that I was sane enough not to pair this with an expensive Tamiya decal tweezer.

I bought this tool to make me extra excited in doing the decals of the MG Zeta that I have been working on for some time now. This purchase ( although very cheap at 120 Php ) will be worth it once I start the decal work soon. Anyways, this tool is not my most useless tool to date... my most useless tool and is expensive at that is my Tamiya micro hammer.

Now here are a few photos of my new decal tray! lol

Decal_Tray_photo

Decal_Tray_photo

Decal_Tray_photo

Decal_Tray_photo

Decal_Tray_photo

Decal_Tray_photo




Thanks for dropping by! Til' a better post! :)

16 comments:

Tristan Forsyth said...

I like the little scooper...quite a good idea actually when you are a putz like me!

Decay said...

this looks interesting. Decals always take too long and that bugs me.Let me know if it's worth it.

Kamm said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! face palm

PhantomPain said...

WOOOW, I need to get one of those ASAP!! xD

Tristan Bernardo said...

I feel your pain in not doing any gunpla this week! Maybe I can sell you one of my inventions...it's an airbrush-paintbrush hybrid that sprays paint while you use it as a paintbrush......no more dipping paint in a can! =P

DC23 said...

Yeah the scooper might work, although I have been using my art knife for scooping since 2008. :)

DC23 said...

Its worth it bro, coz its really cheap... will use it soon. :)

DC23 said...

told you I'll blog about it! :)

DC23 said...

I know you are sarcastic bro! hahaha

DC23 said...

Does it need air to paint? is it a compressor less airbrush? LOL

Tristan Bernardo said...

It's breath powered! But be careful otherwise you'll get paint in your mouth.....I'm still working on that flaw but I can lend it to you so you can be my guinea pig hehe

DC23 said...

Sweeet! when can we meet up! LOL

Tristan Bernardo said...

Hhhmmm..... are you sure you're not borrowing it to steal the design of my invention? I know you have a machine that can copy it and make millions of pesosesoses from selling it! =P

Tristan Forsyth said...

Last time I did decaling, I put my knife through the decal and ruined it :(
I told you Im a putz!!!

DC23 said...

hahahaha! Yeap I'll steal it and reproduce a lot! XD

DC23 said...

Oh I see... this might help then. XD

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS