Saturday, May 14, 2011

Douglas DC-3 airplane scraps for SALE!


DC-3 scrap photos

Seriously some Douglas DC-3 airplane scraps are for sale at a surplus shop near my office. I was with a few officemates walking to get to lunch yesterday when I suddenly saw a plane cockpit along the road! Yeap I kinda screamed or yelp to be exact when I saw the DC-3 cockpit on top of a small truck.

I know nothing about planes and this is actually my first time to see one on top of a small truck. It's basically a dead plane divided to pieces. What was surprising about it is that we first started to see some plane scraps since a few weeks ago, in the said store that sells old furniture and stuff toys. The surplus store had a some wing parts and others that were scattered along it's parking lot.

But we never thought that the store or store owner would be sane enough to get the cockpit. The owner will actually bring in the other parts in the next few days and he told us that he actually has 2 more of this plane ( whole and not scrap ). The store owner is actually selling the scraps for 350,000 Php and he is selling his other 2 whole planes at 2 million Php.

Funny what you can find along the road if you do not eat inside your office canteens. hahaha

DC-3 scrap photos

DC-3 scrap photos

DC-3 scrap photos

Thanks for dropping by! Hoped you enjoyed this weird post! hehehe

Post a Comment