Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

my daughter Nicole broke her first 1/144 hg kit...



My daughter attempted to build her first 1/144 hg kit using a Gundam Age Normal kit. This kit she won at GBWC Philippines 2011 with her " Help Me " diorama back in November. My daughter Nico has already snapfitted around (5) 1/144 First Grade kits and around (4) SD kits todate, but it was her first time to build a high grade.

I left for a party and saw her finishing the head and torso parts at home the other day. When I got home she has packed everything back in the box. Apparently, she broke and accidentally cut the left shoulder peg for the arms as she basically thought it is was one of those pegs that you need to cut.

My daughter had fun building it and was amazed that he finished the torso and the head. But she told me that the parts are hard to disassemble whenever you make a mistake. I was afraid to teach her to cut the male pegs for easier dis-assembly and I guess my baby ( 8 years old ) can't handle a high grade kit just yet. Nicole then gave me this kit and I will repair the shoulder peg soon, might paint it alongside my MG Zeta Karaba.

I need to give her a couple more SD kits before trying to level up with high grades early next year ( 2012 ). Just can't describe in words how happy I am whenever my daughter plays with plastic, will make her enter in our 2012 Mecha Contest soon!

4 comments:

Nguyễn Thái Anh aka ZorroX said...

dear little Nicole, glad that you have a great in the greatest dad ever :D
dear DC23, maybe you can teach her to use the side cutter for the male part for easy disassemble, I think that's safe enough for Nicole, let's see her other nub-cutting-marks. They were already very clean and precise.Dont hold your daughter back, let her overcome difficulties and improve herself.

Cheers!!!

ErazEr said...

oh my.... what a cut..

its so clean! haha kidding

but seriously she has improved quite a great deal.. a little booboo can give a nice lesson in the future on her moddling skills

snoopa doopa said...

dun worry nic...you've got a super daddy to the rescue! :D

Anonymous said...

Nicole is only 4, but from the way I see it, she can already beat the crap of richie in a gunpla model kit competition.

Unless of course, her boyfriends from IPMS Judges.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS