Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, October 10, 2011

SD Kshatriya unboxing and snap fit


SD Kshatriya photo

I just finished ( sort of ) my MG Zeta commish and the base for the other MG Zeta commish earlier today, Thus I needed to snap fit something really quick and relaxing. I wanted to snap fit my RG Zaku but every time I open the box and see all those RG parts, I just can't get myself to do it. I know snap fitting a RG is far from relaxing. It's really fun, but it is so far from relaxing. lol

So I ended up unboxing and snap fitting my SD Kshatriya. It was a really quick straight forward build. No fancy small parts just big chunky one piece parts. It took me less than 30 minutes to build this and it was really fun taking photos of the little bugger.

As usual you need lots of detail painting OR stickers to make this SD look really good. The very reason why I almost never paint SDs are the detail painting and / or masking task ahead of you. I just collect them and wish someone with the skills and patience post them at MAC forums.

It has pretty much ALL the details of it's hguc counterpart, minus the color separation and some details underneath the wing binders. The kit should look great in the hands of other pro SD builders. Lots of open spaces that you could detail and mod. Their are only two hollow parts that you need to fill with epoxy putty, those are the hollow parts at the triceps and at the front of the foot.

The kit also came with this small 6 piece parts little GM looking tank or whatever. It is a cute little fellow that should be fun to paint and weather! The small additional robot made the purchase much more worth it. Never get this at shopping malls though as it will cost you a bomb. Try GreattoysOnline.com  at Greenhills or some other shops, other than the big toy stores.

The most important thing that I realized while building the kit is that the nubs are smaller than usual. I already have my sanding tool to clean up the nub marks as I build it, But I need not clean up the nub marks as they are so small and a snip from your art knife would clean it up already. Maybe Bandai has learned to make those nubs smaller so that nub marks are easier to clean up.

Overall this is an impressive SD kit! Buy it from better cheaper shops and not at huge toy stores in malls to get a better bargain. This is my second biggest SD kit so far ( behind only the SD dendrobium ) and hope Bandai produces a SD Sazabi of the same bulk and size.

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

SD Kshatriya photo

Thanks for dropping by Til' next post guys! :)


2 comments:

pierrot05 said...

I gave up on my WIP SD Nameless... >_< hahaha.... it gave me big headache... but Im planning on finishing it soon so I could post it on MACForums... and Im still finishing my GBWC entry... :PP anyways.. nice kit you got there sir... :) your review gave me an urge to buy it... someday... :P

Unknown said...

I will get myself this kit after reading your snap fit review, as always it's a pleasure to read your snap fit review. And I think it will be my relax time also after my commissioned jobs :D

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS