Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, October 10, 2011

custom base for MG Zeta Gundam Karaba done!


custom Gundam diorama photo

I still have my photo set up in my work bench as I just used it for my other MG Zeta commish that I just finished earlier today. So after walking my dog, I figured why not use the same set up and take photos of my just finished custom base for my other MG Zeta commish.

I finished painting this yesterday but was lazy to post it here in my blog. I thought the client might want to see my progress so ended up posting it anyways. This base was the one I used for my quick tutorial on making a one hour custom base for your model kits. Obviously it is not an hour build anymore.

Took me a few hours to detail this little bugger and another few hours on painting it. I think it roughly took me around 6 hours to finish this custom base for my MG Zeta Gundam Karaba commission work. I painted this with Tamiya acrylics, painted it black after adding the rust texture with Vallejo and post shaded with light bluish grey.

I then gave it some Tamiya enamel washes, Vallejo washes and some Vallejo pigments. I then sealed it with future then gave it a final matte coat with Vallejo. Now here are some photos of my quick custom Zeta Gundam base / diorama...



custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

custom Gundam diorama photo

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update guys! :)



2 comments:

HobbyOwYeah said...

very impressive base man! So Cool!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thank you bro! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS