Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, October 23, 2011

MG The O II butt ready for painting!


MG The O WIP photo

My MG The O II butt is ready for painting! I also primed the muffin shoulders and the boob armor part, as I will try to paint this after walking my dog today. An hour of walk should be enough time to let the primer and flat black base coat to cure ( not really but I want to paint already ). I will be airbrushing this tonight ( hopefully ) but will keep the color scheme secret for now.

I added lots of parts inside the interior of the huge butt. I basically used the spare foot parts to fill up the hole and lots of insulated wires. I also added a bit of details and holes all over the butt just to give it enough details. I think I could slap on more pla plates, detailing parts and wires to the butt, however I decided to move on and prime the whole shebang already. 

I still need to detail up the underneath side of the butt, however will do that once I painted the armor parts. This build is going to be weathered as usual and can't wait to try my new Vallejo pigments to the parts. Now here are a few photos of the parts that are ready for air brushing tonight!

MG The O WIP photo

MG The O WIP photo

MG The O WIP photo

MG The O WIP photo

MG The O WIP photo

MG The O WIP photo

MG The O WIP photo

I also managed to sand the front skirts. I think I am very near to the desired shape that I envisioned for the skirts. Some putty work should fix those unwanted holes and a few detailing should complete these parts very soon. Pretty happy with the outcome of the front skirts. I think it is the highlight of the build and not the big butt anymore. Besides I got more blisters in my fingers with the sanding of the front skirts than with the butt.

MG The O WIP photo

MG The O WIP photo

Feel free to drop some criticisms and comments guys... I don't get much crits I might be doing something consistently bad, I need them those crits. Thanks as always for dropping by! Til' next update guys! :)


6 comments:

Greggy Bada said...

maybe dabbing mr. surfacer onto some areas of smooth surfaces with a sponge or dead brush?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I did that with the shoulders bro... I think with my bad painting / airbrushing skills, those smooth armor parts will be rough anyways. lol

Kamm said...

Awesome work mate. Love the scribing work on the back skirt! BOOOOM! top notch work bro! <3

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Kammy! Glad you like it! :)

Vulcan said...

That scribing is too amazing! I'm still so scared of scribing as it never goes right for me. You should make a tutorial on that.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I have a tutorial on how I do my panel lines bro... But they are not as good as they seem in the photos, lots of slips and scratches and sometimes crooked lines. I just fix it through sanding. The trick is to start light and end light. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS