Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eva 2.0 Unit 01 WIP - seam line removal and panel line scribing


I started a bit of work on my Eva Unit 01 kit that would be my entry for yet another ZeroGunz Group Build. This kit will be my entry for  Jeffho's Metallic team of the Metallic versus Weathering GB. Yeap, this build will be bling bling and won't be weathered.

I think the last time I built a shiny kit was when I did a Mazinger Z kit for my former boss so this will be a bit challenging for me. I will not put any pla plate detailing on this kit at all as that will just be an extra challenge to paint in bling bling colors.

I will however add some panel lines all over the armor parts to break the large bare spaces. It is a bit difficult to scribe panel lines on the round surface though and the first few scribed pane lines are crooked and needs clean up.

I kinda hate this kit as it has a gazillion of seam lines which are all in the wrong places. I have removed the seam lines now thus I have to do masking to paint the black internals. Oh well will work on this kit sparingly after the MG Zeta commish...







Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! :)


4 comments:

Caledbolg said...

Heya, DC!
I'm really looking forward to this build, the EVA Unit 01 is probably my fave mech of all time.
And does it really have that bada seam lines?
Maybe I'll just invest in the MG like I planned.

Kamm said...

Needs clean up!.... haha just kidding man. Looking good. Havent seen you do a bling kit don, this wil be good im sure!

DC23 said...

hehehe, I do not do blings bro... so this will be a challenge for me actually. ;)

DC23 said...

I think this is the newest release, but as you can see the seam lines are placed in the most obvious areas of the armor. :(

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS