Thursday, February 3, 2011

applied cast iron effects on my bitBOT

This is again my little entry for our concept MECHA GB at MAC forums. The concept GB has now 27 participants and has so many outstanding concept mechas as of now in the WIP section. Mine is one of the simplest thus, I have to produce a few more bitBOTs for the GB.

I glued the parts together with Epoxy last night and primed it earlier today. I then added some needed texture to my bitBOT as it looks too plastic looking even after priming. I used a Tamiya surface primer and dabbed it to the kit using a sponge. This is pretty similar to the paint chipping effects I use for weathering only I am using a surface primer.

The cast iron effect is not really intended as a cast iron effect. I plan to weather this guy a lot thus the texture will look more like rust than cast iron.I will paint this white before painting it with blue after posting. I should be able to paint and weather this little bitBOT later today. Now here are a few pics of my progress so far...

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)

Post a Comment