Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, May 14, 2010

AC White Glint - WIP part XV - Paint chipping FX


I am currently adding paint chipping effects to the AC White Glint and Vanguard Overed Boost ( V.O.B. ) parts. I am using the usual sponge technique for the small paint chippings ( using a Citadel paint ) and a fine tipped gray Gundam marker for the bigger scratches and paint chippings.

The focus here is to overdo the damages on the WG, specially on the torso, manipulators, feet and legs and make lesser paint chippings on the other parts specially the V.O.B. parts. I think with some proper lighting once the kit is finished, The results of the weathering will be much more evident.

As you can see I have not given the kit an enamel wash yet...after the paint chipping effects I will seal it with future and give it an enamel wash of flat earth. The flat earth will give it a warmer tone and a more realistic feel to the weathering. Anyways here are some pics of my progress so far...


Just dub the sponge in paint and apply carefully to the kit...wipe the excess paint in the sponge for good measure.



Here are parts with sponge paint chipping only...







NOW, here are the parts with both sponge and Gundam marker paint chipping effects...











Thanks for viewing! I have a few more parts to add paint chipping...til' next post! ;D

11 comments:

Tsukinari said...

wow.. Very nice tutorial! the effect is just awesome.. cool! nice AC mecha u got there nyehehe

ps: added u to my bloglist

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! I added yours in my blog list as well. ;)

progenitor said...

Wow, looking good so far.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! glad you like it...it should look better once I have given it some enamel washes. ;)

Unknown said...

that glint just keeps getting better and better :O great work :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@ Elton, thanks a ton for the compliment bro! XD

Syful said...

This should go into your tutorials, so after you spray painted it all, you just dab it with sponges?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Just added it to the tutorial section bro...yes you just dab it with the spnge....test it on paper first. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Did you paint the white glint white first then did the weathering? or was it just oob white and just weathered?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I painted the kit White with shading first, then paint chipping and then enamel washes. ;)

White Cabinets said...

This is the great blog, I'm reading them for a while, thanks for the new posts!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS