Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, May 13, 2010

AC White Glint - WIP part XIV - White parts painted!


Ello guys, I just finished painting ALL of the white parts of both the White Glint and the Vanguard Overed Boost ( V.O.B. ). It took me roughly around 4 hours to finish, 2 bottles of Tamiya flat white and a cup of future. I also managed to paint the V.O.B. boosters and started to paint the guns.

I got tired already, so the guns will be repainted some other time. Hopefully you can see in my lousy pictures that I did some subtle shading with the whites. I first painted the crevices and a few corners with flat black then sprayed flat white all over. The Tamiya acrylic paint retarder worked like a charm as usual and the paint went really smooth.

I also managed to paint the V.O.B. boosters and started by painting the inner parts of the boosters with white...I then painted flat aluminum on the outside and gave the outside some shading using Tamiya smoke. I then sprayed Tamiya clear blue around the edges of the booster to give it a burnt metal effect and to simply add a bit of color to the build ( it is so dang white! ).

I sealed the paints with a mist coat of future...you don't want to overdo future at this point...coz you need to let the Tamiya acrylics cure overnight before sealing it with a few more coats of future. Over coating it with future after painting the acrylics might produce orange peel...so let the acrylics cure first. ;) Anyways, here are some photos I took...


















Glad that the paint went smoothly but this is going to be weathered...paint chipping and all. So stay tuned for the next updates. Thanks for dropping by! til' next post! ;)

2 comments:

aor_or_die said...

I like so much the blue effect on the trusters!!! Well done!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks aor! just a vain attempt to add a bit of color to this kit. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS