Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What is your favorite Gundam kit ever?


What is your favorite Gundam kit ever? poster

I had a post a few moons back asking " What is your LEAST favorite Gundam design ever? " . I was referring to the design of the Gundam designs and totally not their model kit counterparts. Obviously I do not know much about the anime or manga, but I know a little more about Gundam kits OR Gunpla model kits.

All of the Gundam designs in the SEED Universe is not to my liking or preference. But most if not all of the Master Grade kits that came from that universe is exceptionally very good. Articulation and construction is great and the detail is just enough. Great display kits as they have those huge wings to show, specially the Strike Freedom and the Freedom.

So this time let's talk model kits. I am referring to Gundam model kits AS Gunpla in general, so you could pretty much have a Zeon mobile suit as an answer and not really a Gundam. My answer is pretty obvious in the image above though. Yes, my favorite Gunpla kit as of now is the Master Grade The O. Unless maybe they release a MG Kshatriya or a MG Nightingale ( the only 2 kits that could and might change my choice ).

The MG The O just have too much modification possibilities. Too many large armor pieces to work on and add detail. Add the fact that it is one of the biggest 1/100 Master Grade kits around ( If not the biggest in terms of volume )... this is by far my most favorite Gunpla ever! If I do have the dough to shed and even though I am working on a MG The O already, I would not surprise myself if I get my second MG The O sometime in the future.

Anyways, do drop your comment here as they could help a new modeler or collector choose their very first master grade kit. After all, having a really good master grade as your first, could make that person get more kits in the future. Which is obviously great for the hobby in general. :)

Thanks as always for dropping by! Til' next post guys! :)



11 comments:

vanz najoseki said...

SINANJU!!!!! XD

Caboose EFGF said...

The RX-79(G). Wish they would update the kit with a 2.0. But Its definitely my favorite kit by far. Any mods and military paint jobs look so natural on this kit!

Zeon_Two_Six said...

I covet the HGUC Gouf Custom; one of the simplest and most stable kits I've built so far.

Niko Mr. Pink said...

Ex-S XD

Greggy Bada said...

Any master grade kit from (according to dalong.net) the green ZAKU I onwards... preferably with round verniers... leaning towards older UC because of their bulkiness in sizes... And YES I DO WANT BANDAI TO RELEASE A MG KSHATRIYA! (GP03S favorite...)

Jegan Ace said...

I am quite partial to the MG Turn-A Gundam kit. It requires a bit of effort to get the panel lines right, but aside from that looks smashing without much extra effort. The general articulation of the kit seems very organic and allows for a fantastic range of poses. I especially love how the leg engines shift around depending on the leg position.

Anonymous said...

MG Sinanju

Vhin Rupido said...

Hi-Nu Gundam, my all time fav0rite.. :))

Anonymous said...

Not really related, but i just have to say this. I have both Nu and HiNu Gundoom, and both HGUC Nu and HiNu Gundam. Yes, MC's look better, but amazingly i would still prefer Bandai's for cast quality, parts separation, quality/hardness/solidness of the plastic. Not to mention, proportion also. Anyone who have Nu Gundoom will notice that the moulding and part separation is almost the same as Bandai's Nu, especially parts like inner frame and joints. And not to forget, MC's design is not original also. They copy those designs from some resin Gundam kit company, and rescale it down. Not that I dislike it so much, but as so many people in the internet gives them so many credits, I don't really think those kit deserves praises that much. Some aspects of the MC kits do disappoint me somehow. I didn't mean tohurt anyone's feeling, just stating my opinion. So the conclusion is, ALL Bandai gunpla IS my favorite. Hehe

Kolinsky said...

for fully aesthetic purposes..
MG Destiny EBM... its just soooo divine. haha ita the gunpla that made be jump back to gunplaing. hahaha BUT I am not going to buy that kit anytime soon.. or ever... less I already have an airbrush. haha

Kikokix said...

MG Red Frame Kai

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS