Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

weathering of the MG The O II project...


MG The O weathering photo

I am not really sure nor am I confident enough that I could finish this or my GBWC entry on time, as wifey just got hospitalized ( and still is confined ) and I have some serious brain wracking and schedule wracking seminars to attend to in the next few weeks.

However I managed to do some initial weathering to the major armor parts as I am alone in the house for a couple of days now. I just hand painted some silver paint chips along the edges of the panel lines and the curves of the armor parts. I then applied some Vallejo pigments all over the pieces and refined the application with dry cloth and some dry brushes.

After looking at the photos now, I think I need to add a few finer and smaller rust chips on the edges using sponge technique. I might all re-apply some more pigments to some selected areas of the parts. So this is basically far from finished but as always I just wanted to show you my progress on this build so far.

The highlight of the post should be the Keiko water slide decals. Although it is kinda awkward to point out as I am obviously selling those in my online shop, I was really happy with the quality of the decals as it was my first time to use them.

The Keiko decals are basically thinner than the official Bandai decals but came PRECUT unlike the other custom made decals in the market. They are thinner but I manage to not damage any of the fine protruding parts of the decals ( see the angel on the boob part? ).

So I could say they are thin but they are durable as well. As it is obvious in the photos, you will not see any edges along the sides of the decals... they actually look they were painted on the surface.

Anyways, here are more close up photos of the weathered armor so far. Pardon me for not showing the whole parts as I still want to surprise you with the final outcome, even though I share every step of the build...

MG The O weathering photo

MG The O weathering photo

MG The O weathering photo

MG The O weathering photo

MG The O weathering photo

MG The O weathering photo

MG The O weathering photo

Thanks or dropping by! Til' next update guys! :)


12 comments:

Kensei said...

Hope the wife gets well soon, man.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Oh thanks! just visited her earlier... she's now noisy and fine after 2 days. Hope she's out of the hospital soon. :)

Toymaker said...

This look s very good Don! Keep it up!!! ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton Kenny! Had some trial and error with the pigments though... the parts is too big had to use around 5 colors of pigments or else it looks like amateur rushed work. Some more paint chips with sponge should refine the look soon. Thanks bro! How is yours coming along??? hehehe :)

Stu said...

Glad to hear wifey is doing better - love the effort - the texture and decal work look amazing!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Stu! Hope to refine it further. So it could improve or deteriorate later. hehehe Thanks! :)

Tember Gundam said...

Hope the wife gets better man, Outside of that this thing is looking awesome. You are the weathering master!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks man! Nahhhh, I am the blogging master! LOL :D

kriz said...

Weathering is perfect, Sorry to hear about the wife..Send my regards and hope all will be fine soon.

Chris

vanz najoseki said...

damn nice bro!!..Decals are wicked.

hope @jackie will recover soon..

DECAY said...

I am very excited, to see a New kit from you.

Kamm said...

Weathering looking very cool DON! very cool indeed bro.

Love the painted silver and the rusting.

Your decals came out extremely clean mate! nice one.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS