Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Turn A bust detailing - my side project


Suddenly inspired to work on this Banpresto Turn A Gundam head display after posting the news of our massive 1/35 Gundam resin project. I can't really dive into any build this December due to a ton of Christmas distractions. I am piling up on my personal project WIPs ( Evangelion and Gundam Avalanche ) and I also have to work on 2 MG Zeta commission works. One of the Zeta commish I have started to work on already.

Anyways, I just added panel lines to the face of the Turn A bust yesterday. The original bust looks cool as it is but it lacks any sort of decent details. I also added a few leftover koto parts and might add simple pla plating soon. I have yet to work on the rear side of the head and the neck though.

I am thinking of giving this a nice weathered look and maybe even a diorama. This will just be a side project and will work on it whenever the mood arises. Now here are a few photos of the head so far...





This is how plain the head looks before the panel lines...

Thanks for dropping by! Til next post! :D


8 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Wow that's really cool! Love what your doing with it.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! made a few booboos with the scribing as the plastic is softer than the usual Bandai model kit. :(

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

nice panel lining bro don... cant wait for more of your side project here =D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Holy creeps! It was so nice that I got a first impression that that is how a turn A looks like until I saw the last picture which gave me the creeps! Superb!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton sir...will add a few more details to it. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks as always arul! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I remember seeing a modified Turn-A bust somewhere else. It was pretty neat and almost seemed natural for the Turn-A head to look like that. The original is indeed plain so it is dire need of some modifications, glad that you decided to give yours an upgrade.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Ebasebet has a head GB... Gnet did a Turn A head I think. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS