Friday, October 22, 2010

Snow Hangar diorama painted - almost done!


 I managed to paint the diorama with spray cans yesterday. The only boo boo is that the base ( yellow plastic ) cannot be painted. I mean the paint won't adhere ( even the primer ) to the very glossy surface of the plastic. I will rough sand it soon and try to paint it flat black again.

After masking the trees and the snowy cliff, I sprayed the rest of the dio Bosny dark grey and the back of the mountain in flat black. I then applied more snow ( Talcum + future ) around some areas of the dio to blend it with the mountain.

Notice that most of the snow on the dio fell from the cliff and a tractor is kinda cleaning it up. I also applied some white panel lines and white dry brushing all over the place to give the whole hangar a more snowy look to it.

The rest of the photos was taken indoors in my work bench thus there is too much contrast. I will take better photos soon once I have added some posters, warning signs and maybe some hangar markings. Anyways, here are some photos of the almost complete snow hangar diorama...











Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :D
Post a Comment