Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BAKUC project update - un-boobing the chest part


Ello guys, I skipped modding the head further today, coz I might get more ideas later on... plus I suddenly thought of sacrificing my 1/144 GN-X which has been waiting to be primed for 3 weeks now. I really am not into 144s I think.

I managed to mod and incorporate the GN-X parts into the chest and created an interesting looking part. The boob part suddenly does not look as booby anymore though I am veering away from Zluca's masterpiece. I think though that the chest blends a bit  well with the front skirts and the new head fin.

I have also started to detail up and thicken the front skirts using some 1mm and 2mm pla plates. I still have not sanded the edges of the skirts coz I might add a few more layers to the front and rear side of the front skirt. I think it is starting to look detailed now. Anyways, here are tons of pics on the progress of the build for the day...

I drew where I want to glue the GN-X parts to the boob part... I was really really hesitant to do this coz a failure means re-puttying and re-sanding of the part...


I gorged the shape using a Hasegawa flat chisel...


Super glued the part...



and drilled a 1/2 inch deep hole through the cavity of the boob part...


I then flooded the hole with super glue and inserted 2mm rods to strengten the bond. 




I used my new reamer to make a hole big enough for the koto part to fit... You could drill a bigger hole, but I was lazy to change the drill bit. ;)







and here is how the MG Sazabi looks after all those mods...











Thanks for dropping by! til next post! XD
Post a Comment