Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BAKUC project quick update - initial head mods


Good morning guys, I did the head fin yesterday a couple of hours ago before work. I was not able to take photos though, coz my camera ran out of juice. I am pretty happy with the direction of the MG Sazabi mods so far. I personally think this is my best fin so far.

The fin is done by doing the basic shape with a .5mm pla plate, I then sandwiched the .5 mm with two 1.2 mm pla plates on both sides to give it a little more volume. For some weird reason I came up with the idea of cutting the tip of a Gundam foot and placed it on both sides also. The Force Impulse sword is another weird addition I think.

Most of my other large fin mods are simple 1 piece ( MG Kampfer, MG IJ and MG DOM ) fins with 0 to minimal detailing like the holes on the DOM fin. So I am really happy with this fin coz it is my most complicated so far.

This is the main reason why I love ZEON mechs and steam punk concepts in particular! Wild ideas and unorthodox modifications always look natural on them. Anyways, here are a few more pics of the fin... I will work on the MG Sazabi today and will have updates later...





Thanks for dropping by! stay tuned for updates later today... thanks! XD

9 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

NICE WORK SIR !! I LIKE IT !! sana me like button din dito .. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

that is one badass fin! great work!! I really like it XD.. the details is nice :P

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks kabayan! there is a recommend button. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Tsukinari, I like it also... its my best fin I think so far. ;D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

that was one awesome fin there! gonna enlarge the skull as well?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! no bro... maybe add a few more small fins running to the back of the head. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Hey master Don, the head of the sazabi, looks like a rhino... but the mods are wonderful... i wish i could have your mindset, the great ideas on modification...hehehe... Great work Master!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Phantom... just modding as i see fit bro. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

olright

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS