Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, April 3, 2010

AC White Glint - WIP part IX


UPDATE 04-03-10 : MORE seam lines!

Ello guys, I planned to detail the AC White glint earlier today...but NO, I somehow overlooked a few more parts that needs it's seam lines removed...yes, after all the seam lines I have already removed ( chest, legs, forearms and all the Vanguard Overed Boost cylinders ) there are still more seam lines on this kit.

The gray thingee at the tip of the shoulder armors, the thingee that has all the small thrusters at the back and the side skirts...all have seam lines. Add to the fact that I had to mod those parts a bit for easier painting later. I mean mod them so that I would not have to mask the parts with different colors. Anyways let's go through more seam line removal pics ( weee! )...

Here is the booster pack that goes at the back of the Glint, it looks complicated with all those small parts and two thrusters are movable and the bottom part folds up...so I have to do some simple mods for easier painting...



Seam lines running through the white parts...does not even fit properly...



Both the black part and the white parts have seam lines...



and the clincher!  The black parts that holds 3 thrusters is sandwiched inside the two white parts...the white parts does not even have it's own male and female pegs...it is attached to the black parts instead.


disassembled the parts further...



Remove the seam lines of the black parts first...



then remove the male pegs that is for the female holes of the black parts...



and cement the white parts without the black parts...



Tadah! now you should first fold up the lower half of the booster pack and simply insert the black part...of course you would glue this after painting and sand off a liitle bit of both the black and white parts for easier insertion...the mod simply allows you to paint the black part separately.



EDIT 04-12-10
Here are a few photos on how I successfully inserted the black parts inside the white parts...








Now here are both sideskirts disassembled...all of the parts has seam lines that assembles to each other...



Even this part that is no bigger than my nail has seam lines! wow, the assembly of this kit is sooo old school Bandai. ;)





The photo below shows the parts with there seam lines removed...



I also decided to remove the seam lines of the thigh part...the thigh armors sandwiches the black internal parts but I could not find a way / mod to make it detachable from the thigh armors. I will have to either mask this or hand paint the internals after painting.





Oh I almost forgot the dark gray thingee that attaches at the tip of the shoulder armors also has seam lines... :b





Aside from removing ALL those seam lines today, I also wet sanded all of the cylinder parts that had there seam lines removed before...this kit is so SEAMFUL! hehehe



Surprisingly I kinda enjoyed removing seam lines so much I decided to remove the seam lines of my SD Tallgeese...I also added a few koto option parts to the SD, just to add a bit of detail to it.










I have to sand off all the seam lines tomorrow ( once cured ) and continue with the plan of super detailing the AC White Glint. I keep on getting sidetracked due to all those seam lines...hopefully I have not overlooked parts with seam lines again.

As I've said before, the kit in its OOTB form is the most impressive looking kit in it's price range...BUT, as I go through the build...I start to encounter the difficulties of truly building an AC kit...I would not recommend this to beginners coz you'll simply get turned off with all those seam lines. PLUS, a lot of masking is needed if you don't mod it like what I just did. I still think this will be my most impressive looking build once I finish it but I keep on getting sidetracked every time I encounter assembly flaws of the build...hopefully there are no more seam lines so that I can detail the kit further oledi! thanks for viewing my most boring post ever...til' next post! Thanks! ;)

4 comments:

progenitor said...

wow, I never realized it was so tough man. I almost feel sorry for you :p. Good luck man, hopefully the modding/plaplating and painting will be more fun than this.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I expected seam lines on the guns and the cylinder parts of the Vanguard Overed Boost...but never expected the mech itself to have so many. This is always the hardest and most boring part of modeling...so once I finish the sanding of the seams...the build usually speeds up during the pla plating/modding and painting stage. ;)

hunter's boot camp said...

test test

you better sure the back thruster part fits just right

i did your method, it doesn't work, and the part crack again

i alreday finished my WG and it was A mess

Anonymous said...

yeap, tested it oledi...it works like a charm after forcing it a bit in. sorry to here the messed up WG bro. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS