Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, March 8, 2010

BIGGER photos for my blog!


Ello guys, I was working with the HTML codes of my blog for 2 hours now...and it was well worth it! Basically I resized the template so that the main middle part can accommodate larger pics. The blog was edited before to have a 1,100 width and the main middle part is 590 pixels wide, both sidebars at the left and right are 240 pixels wide each. Now, the width is still 1,100 pixels but I edited the HTML to have 670 pixels in the middle and both sidebars at the left has now 200 pixels each.

I usually have 640 x 480 sized photos for the WIPs and the tutorials and 800 x 600 pixels wide photos for the completed works...BUT, blogger can only show 300 x 225 ( medium size ),  400 x 300 ( large size ) or 600 x 450 ( extra large size ) thumbnails, yes thumbnails...a few people had to click the thumbnails to view the pictures ( in a different window ) in there original size. Let me show you in pictures the result of the resizing...



300 x 225 thumbnail by blogger ( my old posts )


400 x 300 thumbnail by blogger ( my current settings )


600 x 450 thumbnail by blogger


As you can see, the 400 x 300 ( large size option ) is big enough...but I wanted it bigger, and the 600 x 450 is too much. So I edited the HTML code to have a custom setting of 550 x 413, here is how it looks...


The new 550 x 413 size is perfect for the new layout...I also resized the thumbnails on both sidebars. The thumbnails on the sidebars where used to be 216 pixels wide to fit the 220 pixels wide sidebar...

Now I resized the thumbnails to 180 pixels wide to fit the new 200 pixels wide sidebar...


I like very much the new look, bigger pictures in the middle with small thumbnails at the side! love it! I have yet to resize my old posts...that is 130 + posts...yay!!! I will resize ( in the office ) the finished kits first and move on with the tutorials and other stuffs. The new posts from now on will have the bigger pics though. Viewers can still click the photos to see them in there original size, but the pictures are made big enough so that you don't really have to. Hope you enjoy the bigger pics! Thanks for viewing!

2 comments:

chubbybots said...

Wow I see you like tweaking your blog and improving it every week man :D Now I can your builds in all its glory haha without clicking :P

Anonymous said...

Yeap, kinda happy with how the blog is going...and just like Gunpla, when I'm satisfied with my work I tend to get addicted to it and always try to improve. hihi

I do hope that more people will like to visit my blog because of the large pics...which eliminates the need to click small thumbnails to see the details. BUT, the images are still clickable bro to its original, usually 800 x 600 size. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS