Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, March 21, 2010

AC White Glint - WIP part VIII



UPDATE 03-21-10: Detailing the leg and crotch parts...

Ello guys, I have some progress pics of the detailing of the crotch and leg parts of the AC. Basically, I just detailed the White Glint with my usual pla plating and some koto parts...Personally I want to put more details like smaller pla plates and some holes, BUT I think I have to ask for the client's opinion before continuing with the detailing. I think the client may find the detailing is too much oledi, but If I  get the go signal to detail it further, I will. hihi... The detailing this time is my usual pla plating shapes..BUT, the arrangements looks a bit unorthodox in a way, I got the inspiration from the existing detailing on the waist parts of the kit. As you can see in the photo below that the shapes are kinda interacting with one another...so i figured I could do the same specially on the leg parts...


























I have also made a few mods for ease in assembly after painting, I only have photos of the most important which is the torso area and I have also done some initial pla plating on the arms and torso parts. Now lets go through the assembly mods on the torso...

Basically the torso part is made up of three major parts...the upper white torso part, the black internal part   and the lower white torso part. Both white parts sandwiches the black part inside. The problem lies between the two white parts...there is a seam line acroos the front part of the torso area...BUT I cannot cement both parts because of the sandwiched black part inisde. SO, I cut the upper part with my Hasegawa saw into two parts...


The photo below shows the seam line across the torso...ugly stuff!


The photo below showing the black part inside both white parts...I have cut the upper part already in the photo...


The other half of the upper part oledi attached to the lower part...



Because of the simple cutting mod, you can now insert the black part inside...



Then after inserting the black part, you can now attached the other half of the upper torso...The seam line across the second upper torso part is not visible when the shoulders are attached.





You see in the photo below that I have cemented the front part already...so NO seam lines at last...again, you could easilly insert the black part anytime, thus I can paint it separately without masking! ;)



Now here are some photos of the other parts with initial detailing...I will of course detail these parts further...

I replaced the joints with koto parts to give them more depth...










I will have to stop for now and repair a Strike Noir head of a friend, he painted this with Tamiya spraycans...Anyways the V-fin broke and I have to find a way to repair it, this head has been with me for a month now. hihi ;)



Thanks for viewing! ;)

2 comments:

Nite said...

Hey DC

I'm looking at the fourth to last picture with all the tools and I'm curious of the line strip between the needle and grey gundam marker - what is that line strip? is that what you use for a template for pla plates?

Nite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS