Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, December 18, 2009

SD Gouf custom snapfit


Hello guys, I bought a SD Gouf custom earlier during my office lunch break...I usually eat lunch at a mall near my office which has a hobby shop. Basically I took with me a few bottles of enamel and acrylic paints, but a few SD boxes caught my attention...a SD GP04 ( reminded me of Julius' dendro ), a SD Turn A ( my fav MG kit ) and an SD Gouf custom. I have 4 unpainted SDs in my shelf already...a SD 00, SD MKII, SD Red Astray and SD Tallgeese I...but I really like the SD Gouf coz I only have 1 mono-eye SD which is the SD Geara Doga.

Anyways, I bought it along with the bottles of paint and assembled it after eating dinner. This post will also double as a very simple tutorial on how to properly snapfit a kit if you plan to paint it for a later time.
Here are some pics...



The contents...





BASIC TUTORIAL on snapfitting kits...

FIRST: Whenever you snapfit kits from 1/144s to MGs and even SDs, but have plans to disassemble them later for modding or painting...always cut the male pegs that locks two pieces together. You cut them in a 45 - 60 degree angle for easy disassembly later...here is a lone pic...


SECOND: Always cut the part from the tree away from the part itself, then onced removed from the tree, cut it closer to the part and trim the excess with your art knife...try not to carve the piece... an excess sprue mark is always better coz you will be sanding it later anyways. BUT, in cases where you have accidentally produced a dent due to over trimming you could always putty this up later.






The instruction manual...I actually finished snapfitting this kit for 20-25 minutes...snapfitting is really my fav part in gunpla....this kit has super basic parts and was very easy to assemble. Here are pics of the manual...






I did not bother to cut this part and asseble this accessory, coz I did not like it and have no plans of using it once I've painted this SD...


I present to you my cutest SD so far...it was so easy to assemble and is really cute. There are a few holes to putty up, but I really like the look of it. I plan this to be a semi or totally ootb build and paint it at the same time as my MG Acguy...anyways here are some pics...









Here are a few picture taken outdoors early today ( December 20,09 )...









Obviously there is not much articulation, but hey...why buy SD if you want articulation...go get yourself a MG. hihi...It is just plain cute and I highly recommend this kit.


2 comments:

Clifford Go said...

Hi Sir DC, added this post to my Tutorial links.....thanks
http://mechareira.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html

Ronniejoetorcuator said...

puwede din po b itong gawin sa mga MG at mga HG o my iba panggagawin

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS