Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

my Tamiya design knife broke while trying to cut hard plastic!


I am desperately running out of Tamiya plastic rods and tubes... I am even running out of balloon sticks for my snow hangar diorama. I went to Lil's Trinoma today and they only have 5mm rounds rods which are as thick as pencils.

Also, using too much balloon sticks is an eye sore already coz they are a bit too thick for 1/100 scale dio if you add too much ( my dio is borderline fugly already ). So I thought of hunting for some alternative plastic for my dio. NO, I am not using straws or even bendable straws coz it looks so unprofessional to me personally. Looks like an elementary school project if you add them to 1/100 scale dios.

So I bought a pack of lollipops! I have 3 kids so it is a win win for me, they get to suck all the lollipops they want and I get to have more plastic for my hangar dio. hihi. I also bought some red Coffee stirrer that I plan to use as beams also.

However, my  Tamiya design knife broke trying to cut those red stirrers! Good thing I have my old trusty X-acto knives to use until I get to buy another Tamiya design knife. I still love my Tamiya design knife over X-actos because of their small precision blades, I think I just forced it too much in cutting harder plastic... my bad. :(






Thanks for dropping by! til' next post! XD

8 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

and that's why I'm sticing to my olfa desing knife, nevar had any problems with it and i'm using it for a year alredy, I didn't even had to buy blades for it yet, one word of notice, when the blade is labeled as EXTREMALY sharp you better belive it... ouch

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

The blade should be extremely sharp, you're more likely to have an accident with a blunt blade.

Anyways, that's kinda unlucky for you Don. Though... surely you should be using something a little more sturdy like a junior hacksaw for something that thick?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Hey Bro check out the forum left a idea or too in photo format, dio looks great too.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Wow! I didn't know that could break :O usually it's the blade that breaks :S

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I think Tamiya design knife is made by Olfa, I just applied too much pressure I think. :(

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

It is sharp bro, I always use fresh blades... but I applied too much pressure... and yes, the plastic is too thick. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks as always kriz! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeah, me too! :(

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS