Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, June 13, 2010

perfect GLUE for dioramas


Ello guys, This is just a quick post on my Bakuc project before I work on it further today. I have used a variety of white glues, roof sealants, and wood glues whichever is available for my dioramas. Roof sealants are nice but they cost a bomb, wood glue is a bit cheaper than roof sealants and dries pretty strong, multi purpose white glues dries fast, dries hard and is the cheapest of the three options.

However, due to my tight budget these days, plus the fact that I am conscious now not to overspend on a Bakuc entry this time... I found this Glue! It is ( I think ) an industrial grade white glue that is so thick you have to dillute it with a small amount of water.

The SHELWOOD white glue bonds plastics, woods, porcelains and capis like most white glues does...But it dries a bit faster.... dries harder.... and is HALF the price of your standard white glue in the market. Actually it costs 1/4 of the price coz you have to dillute it with water.

The normal white glue is poured and mixed with sand immediately from the container, but Shelwood glue is SO thick you have to mix it with water before mixing it with sand. Just mix the glue with water in 1:1 ratio. As I've said it dries a bit faster and is the dries the hardest of all the options I've tried before. Here are some pics...












Thanks for dropping by! I will have this post in the tutorial page later...though it is more like a TIP post. Off to my dio now...til' next post! XD

4 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

damn... looking so good >_<... the effect is really nice ^^.. keep it up! :P

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks buddy...but its all in the painting later. thanks! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I think the texture turned out great, just that some portion looks patchy. Maybe you could put the sand through a sieve to filter out the bigger particles and get your desired texture.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Hi Jacques! thanks for the tip...will do that, filter it first and apply with glue again. thanks! XD

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS