Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, May 15, 2010

HG 1/144 GN-X snapfit - DC23


I ordered a couple of Samuel decal sheets from Hobbies Corner a few days ago and one of those sheets is a Samuel decal ver 2 sheet fo Advance Hazel. So I went hunting for the Advance Hazel yesterday coz I plan to do it ootb with Samuel decals as a relax build after the AC White Glint.

Obviously, there was no stock of an Advance Hazel, thus I grabbed a 1/144 GN-X and a SD Guncannon instead. So basically I am holding off the PG MKII commish for a while and I have 0 inspiration to work on the 1/100 Seravee and will work on this kit instead. I am actually going to remove the seam lines  of this kit before continuing to add the sponge paint chipping effects on the other parts of the White Glint...




It took me an hour to snap fit this kit coz I was appreciating the design of the mech thus I was pausing to admire each segment of the build. I like the design of the mech so much I might get a MG of this soon. The pose ability of the shoulders, arms and legs are almost MG like but the head can only move upwards, the design of the collar armor restricts the movement of the head from side to side.

As usual with 1/144, there are a few seam lines to tackle...along the head, forearms and the lower leg parts and a few parts to mask. The kit does not have much gimmicks but has a nice gun that came with the kit, plus the clear parts on the chest and head are a bonus. 

I highly recommend getting this kit coz it is the easiest 1/144 that I build so far ( I don't do much 1/144s though ) and is one the the cheapest 00 1/144s out there that is impressive looking out of the box. Anyways here are some pics of the snap fitted kit...



















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I was considering getting this kit so I can play around with something I won't be afraid to 'cause of the price. Now I think I will get it!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! yeah...you should get one...the pose ability is good, except on the head. But it sure looks great. ;)

Tsukinari said...

Ohh... next project! nice! GN-X is an awesome design for a grunt I like it and bought MG GN-X still on painting phase.. too bz lately dont have much time to do it orz..

hm.... any thought going to get MG GN-X and awesome-nize it? :P

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeah...I would like to get a MG GN-X...but I don't have time to do an MG now. After finishing the White Glint, I'll work with this small kit before continuing my PG MKII commission work. Plus I need to work on my Bakuc project after the PG MK II...so pretty busy to do a MG as of now. ;D

Jonas Lopez said...

I was also interested in getting a GNX, it's a very simple kit... but I don't think I got that groove going anymore...the last time I assembled anything, it was the turn of the previous decade. Weird embarking on another one when half of all my kits are unpainted. this and the 1/144 or 1/100 versions of the Ground Tieren are the only 00 mechs I like.

I wish there was a Robot Damashii version of this, dont like the red and blue versions.

Anonymous said...

I also like the design of it. Not a love at first sight, but I find it really cool now. When I bought my GN-X, I was also tempted to bring home the GN-X A-Laws, and so I did :D I'm gonna build them after my tanks are done :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@ Jonas, I like all the enemy mechs of the 00 series...not much a fan of the Gundams except maybe the 00 raiser. I suggest you start by buying a SD and see if you still got the groove. ;)

@ h4mster, Me to, not a love at first dight. Looking forward to your builds then! where do you post bro? what forum? ;)

Anonymous said...

you can check it out in my blog:
http://h4msterworld.wordpress.com/
I also post the WIP in netmorks, but I write it in Indonesian language :D

visit it when you have free times, critiques and inputs would really help me :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

yeah, I remember you from netmorks, I also visit there...I added your blog to my blog list btw. ;)

Jonas Lopez said...

SDs? DC, I won't go THAT far.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS