Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MG DOM ver DC23/ Zero G

Hello guys, this build was started around May 20 2009 and finished Jul 22 2009...but I was distracted with transformers toys around the whole month of June 2009, so this was basically done in a month and a half. The work in progress thread that is originally posted in Zero G accumulated 12,000 + views count and the 463 ( including mine ) replies inspired me a lot during the build...thus, naming it a version Zero G aside from the usual ver DC23.

This is my 2nd Dom build, the first one being the Rick Dom about to be slashed by my Hi Nu...Thus, being my 2nd Dom build, I wanted to do something different with this Dom. The personal objective is to try to outdo myself and create something that would make my previous modded works look OOTB, I mean to put it in simple words, the objective is to overdetail this Dom that I have not done before. The concept aligning to the objective is...to create a lowtech -alien looking Dom that would contradict the general look of what Gundam kits should look like ( I mean, exposed internals and wires all over are not coventional stuff anyways, some forumers even told me that wires over the armor parts would be critical for the mech during fights. But basically, that's the point, I create and mod gunpla at the same time think of the norms of how a mech of this size should function...but with this build, most norms were disregarded. This build is roughly done in a span of 1 1/2 months...actually maybe a bit less, coz I got distracted with Transformers toys for a couple of weeks in the middle of the build. :D

Anyways, aside from naming this build as a simple ver DC23...I added ver Zero G, simply coz the Zero G members suggested all sorts of helpful criticisms and suggestions during the build ( I have a WIP of this Dom in Zero G )...Thanks once again Zero G modellers!!!




20 comments:

howard said...

Hi there.

Admiring your work. Question:
what material/s did you use for all the added on wires/pipes/rings detailing on the body...?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro...I used IC sockets, pla tubes, and pla plates...for the wires, I used small pla rods and some springs. :)

DannyStaple said...

Wow - that makes such a huge difference. It changes it from looking like a toy, to looking like a serious war machine! I love it.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro for dropping by! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Where are these available? Lil's? :)

BTW, ang lupet nitong pagkaka design and detail! :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yes bro...lils. XD... thanks man. Stay tuned for the MG Sazabi... it will look something like this. hihi XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Woah! Nice one dude, sige abangan ko yan. Angas nga nung Sazabi eh. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! Paul! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

astig!BAdASS,,hehehe,bro question ko lng,did you make or manufacture all of those plastic plates?or you just bought them ready made na? highly detailed eh.galing.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

nakita ko na ung sagot sa tanung ko,hehehe ,im totally overwhelmed kasi hehehe..

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I buy them in sheets and cut them to pieces bro. thanks! :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

No worries... salamats! :D

Scarecrowk said...

Heh heh heh. I recognize that pile bunker and grenade rifle. Armored Core parts right? Heh heh heh. I love that grenade rifle.

Butterfingers_022006 said...

where are you buying these plastic materials bro? Lil's?? by the way, ur works are awesome! =)

DC23 said...

Thank you sir! :)

DC23 said...

Yes Lil's, but you could also get tools and upgrade parts at my shop - http://toolbox23.com/index.php?route=common/home

Thank you sir. :)

Darkworkx said...

2mm pla square rods ba ung ginamit mo sa shoulder? ung d pantay pantay?

DC23 said...

1mm bro. :)

seventhswami said...

Fiendishly great work. I must visit this page on a weekly basis for inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

Feel free to visit my web-site: plytki podlogowe

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS