Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Exia NG 1/60 ver DC23


This was my first modified kit and was my entry in my first gunpla competition. Bankee nationals 2008 is an annual comp here in the Philippines with 3 categories, junior, senior and expert. The competition was held back in August 2008 and all the entries was in exhibit for a month until September 2008. I entered under the senior category. There were 145 entries in the senior category and this kit luckily won as the Senior category champion! . I chose a 1/60 scale for my first modification project thinking that it is a lot easier to mod than a 1/100. But then I'm wrong!

Modifications:

- Interchanged the shoulder armor, thus the swords are protruding in front.
- Modded the shield with the GN sword
- extended the feet with pla plates
- added wires, cable, scrap parts and a few pla plates for detail
- custom color scheme

Painting:

- All spray cans - Tamiya german grey, Bosny grey primer, Bosny chrome, Bosny flat black, Pylox cabinet gray, Pylox clear gloss, Bosny clear flat and Tamiya clear red.



















Thanks for viewing! ;)

15 comments:

unclaimedrx said...

hi, if your willing to sell this gundam please email me with a price to my google account at unclaimedrx@gmail.com

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I emailed you oledi bro...I am really sorry I could not sell this, I would be more than happy to do a commission work for you though. thanks! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

my favorite. :) lend me your hand. :p

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Ohhh, really an old work man... my first ever modified kit which won in my first ever competition. I am a lucky bastard! LOL

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hey DC23! i saw you earlier at the competition. you're the guy with the "http://dc23-mecharts.blogspot.com" printed at the back of your shirt? right?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Wow I'm just amazed at what you did with this kit! I especially loved that you added wires to your gn drive. Just awesome as usual (:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Rex! I am really flattered that you like this! this was my first ever modified Gunpla and first diorama. hihi Thanks! :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hello po. matanong lang nang galing po ba sa ibang kit yung GN drive nang gundam mo o ginawa mo po? O_O ganda modification mo

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! nilagyan lang ng booster from MG Zeong bro. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeap! :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

aaaahhhh
matanong nga po pala pano mag subscribe sa blog mo para maka receive nang email kung may bago kang mga post? O:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Ah naku... teka hanapin ko. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

where dyou get the extra parts? like the wires near the breast plate..and the the one near the shoulder plate..? im soooo amazed!!! :) :-bd \m/

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Those are insulated wires I got from an electronic shop. Thanks! Will take better photos of this kit soon. :)

Jenkins said...

hi, if your willing to sell this gundam please email me with a price to my google account at unclaimedrx@gmail.com

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS