Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WTF! HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms


HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

I understand this kind of stuff from Bandai is totally not aimed to " mature" modellers like me. Heck  Gundam kits are not designed for serious modellers in the first place. Old and young people alike enjoy these model kits in general but it is safe to say that the main market are younger people / modellers.

I found this post at Gundam Guy as usual and I find it really funny!

I grew up enjoying and loving a lot of cool cartoons when I was young. Thundercats, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Dino-Riders, and the like. Dang Centurions are way cooler than this! This concept is like Mr. Octopus and Mr. Fantastic rolled into one. This is so dang funny it ain't funny anymore.

I apologize for bashing  this kit design. But I hope and think that Bandai's creative team can come up with better designs. I do hope the best for Bandai, but they are so lacking creativity these days.

I have not bought any bootlegs, resin kits or other non-licensed " Gundam " model kit with my own money yet. But with the price of the kits rising faster than oil price hike and the sheer lack of new and better models to justify the cost. It is safe to say that I might be shifting to resin kits sometime soon.

These kits are a waste of any serious modeller's precious time. I hope Bandai sells enough to kids though, and hope they use a little bit of money they got from selling these kinds of crap to design and manufacture creative kits for their older market.

However if you really dig this arms stuff, here is the link below for more photos :b ...

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms


HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

HGBC 1/144 Gunpla Battle Arms Photo

1 comment:

youstandalone said...

Sorry, I disagree, I believe these "expansion" kits pave way for mad creativity and are a sort of, gateway model kit, for people TO become serious modellers.

Resin kits are for serious modellers, some are expensive as balls. Something people only start on a resin kit when they've had some experience with the "crap." Then you have to paint and other things for a resin kit to come together. Things like that require time, money, and a crapton of effort.

I hope a "serious" modeller only sticks to it as a hobby.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS