Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Elyn Hobby 1/100 Kshatriya modelled by Decay


Elyn 1100 Kshatriya by Decay Photo

I am so late in the party! A friend told me last weekend that there is a 1/100 Kshatriya that is not from Bandai. I thought it is a bootleg or something. I do not want to define what is bootleg or not, but I think they categorize this kit the same way as some resin kits. Non-licensed / licensed third party manufacturers other than the official " Gunpla " kits from Bandai.

Whatever it is... it is soooooo dang awesome! The photos I have in this post was stolen from Decay's blog post on his painted Elyn Hobby 1/100 Kshatriya. As expected from Decay, he did a marvelous job in painting this behemoth. Impressive kit painted by a very talented modeller.

Honestly as impressive as it is, I kind of doubt that I would get such a kit. I think those joints would not hold up long and assembling such a complicated kit is a bit too much for me. Add the fact that it is so detailed already, I might find it boring as I cannot add my own details to it. I would rather get a huge resin kit to paint and detail a little bit, as such huge kits are better of not pose-able in my opinion.

Anyways if you fancy getting and building this kit... below is the link of the most comprehensive review I found on the world wide web.

Elyn Hobby 1/100 Kshatriya REVIEW


Elyn 1100 Kshatriya by Decay Photo

Elyn 1100 Kshatriya by Decay Photo

Elyn 1100 Kshatriya by Decay Photo

Elyn 1100 Kshatriya by Decay Photo

1 comment:

DECAY said...

Thanks for sharing my work Don.You are right about not really needing to model this guy, He is extremely detailed. He is actually a same kit as the G-system resin kit only in 1/100 and out of plastic.Most of the parts are only washed and top coated as I thought the color looks good enough.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS