Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide - custom base



I went to the one and only shop that sells Privateer Press figures the other day and got myself my first ever metal figure and my first ever Hordes Trollbloods!

I asked the guy ( could be the owner of the shop - thank you sir ) for a cheap well detailed Trollbloods figure as my first fig. He was accommodating enough to show me some, though he recommended this Madrak Ironhide variant figure as it is an important character.

I then realized that it is the leader of the Trollbloods clan and is the " most important " character amongst all the Trollbloods. The price is very good as it is even cheaper than the official price at Privateer Press.

Kinda hesitant to paint Madrak as he is a very important character but worked on the figure the moment I opened the blister pack. The metal fig came with a standard round plastic base and you have to glue both the arms to the body. It is really heavy as I am used to holding light plastic robots ( Gunpla ) for 4 years.

Knowing that Madrak is a very important character, I then thought of putting him on top of a cliff base. I was lazy to sculpt a cliff from epoxy putty so I just looked for a cliff-looking stone in front of our yard for many minutes. I think the stone that I used looks like a nice cliff. I am happy with the way it turned out so far as the position of Madrak on top of his base looks pretty well balance. Madrak is centered at all angles.

I am still hestant to paint this figure though but should be confident to paint the custom base already. Anyways here are some photos of my first ever Hordes metal miniature fig...

 

 
 
WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

 WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

 WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

 WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

WIP - Trollbloods Madrak Ironhide photo

2 comments:

Wild Chevy said...

Looking good DC. I think you'll enjoy the Trollbloods. They all have a nice bit of character with each mini and you can go wild with their skin color.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thank you so much Wild Chevy! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS