Sunday, December 4, 2011

MG Zeta diorama with dead MG Dom almost done...


MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

This is basically the diorama of the MG Zeta I finished before my MG The O II. The client wanted me to change the pink color of the MG Dom to somewhat reddish, but I do not want to strip the paint of the Dom as that will be too much work. So I tried to change the color by hand painting vallejo Model Air ( red ) mixed with red Pledge Wipe and Shine.

It actually worked. Basically it is like spraying over a clear red over the pink parts, but I hand painted it instead. After maybe around 4 coats I ended up with a nice reddish tone that hopefully my client would like. The MG Dom is almost done, I just have to do a quick damaged Sazabi shoulder and a big Commander type fin on the head. It is still glossy but will give the whole thing a nice matte coat soon.

The new red color of the damaged MG Dom should compliment the dark blue MG Zeta very much.

I also re painted the ground of the diorama and tried to make it look like the skid marks are still hot and burning. This technique would allow me to not put figures over the area as they will get burned anyways ( excuse so not to paint figures anymore ).

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo

MG Zeta diorama WIP photo





Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post guys! :)

Post a Comment